Artist name and album name missing in new beta 899

Scorpion

It is most likely caused by PA seeing the new filename before the file has finished being written to storage (so it logs the filename at the point it spots it, but at time it sees no tags). Try a Full Rescan (in Settings > Library) after all files have been finished and see if that helps. How are you writing the new files, with a file explorer app or USB transfer, or using some kind of auto-syncing software? 

Andre

@andrewilley thank you so much man. Full rescan solved this problem. (by the way I'm a long time Poweramp user, never faced this kind of issue before. In the previous builds songs tags were recognising as soon as I move a new song to my selected folder. Do I need to do a full rescan everytime I add a new song????? 

4 minutes ago, Scorpion said:

Do I need to do a full rescan everytime I add a new song????? 

No, a regular 'simple' Rescan (in the three-dots menu at the top of any Library view) should be sufficient to find new music.

Auto-scan should work fine too, but if for any reason it tries to scan before a filename has completed writing to storage, that filename will get added to the music database, but it will continue to be treated as not having any tags until you do a Full Rescan.

Andre

Archived