Poweramp is failing to activate 32bit on LG V60 after Android 11 update

Aeolus

On 3/9/2021 at 10:12 AM, andrewilley said:

Do you still have the unlocker app installed (assuming this is a Google Play purchase, you don't mention)? What error messages do you see?

Andre

My apologies completely forgot about that. It doesn't give me any errors. Yes I'm still using the unlocked version.

Sorry, I misread your post as failed to Activate (i.e. a trial/licenced issue).

Android firmware versions can make a difference as to what frequencies/bitrates they support (or even break hi-res completely). Try going into PA Settings > Audio > Output and restoring defaults again, which will remove anything previously picked up for Android 10 and give you a clean slate for 11. Also some devices (Samsung particularly, but also others) lock frequency and bitrate (so 192kHz will be 24-bit, and 384kHz will be 32-bit).

To be honest there is no real advantage whatsoever to 32-bit output anyway - even 24-bit provides the dynamic range of silence up to a hearing-damaging 144dB (louder than being next to a jet aircraft during take-off). See https://www.mojo-audio.com/blog/the-24bit-delusion/

Andre

Which output method are you using, and what frequency options does it offer you via the Settings > Audio > Output > (chosen method) > Cogwheel icon?

The current results of Settings > Audio > Advanced Tweaks > Audio Outputs Detection Log might help too.

@maxmp might be able to offer more insight into this if he has an LG V60 with that particular firmware update.  

Andre

Archived