Chromecast icon disappeared

Marp68

After upgrading to android 11  the chromecast icon disappeared from several apps, including Poweramp. I read that Google removed the support or something. You're supposed to run chromecast through the chromecast Home app.

Anyone had the same problem?

How can I cast Poweramp? I cast the music locally stored on my phone to the speakers connected to my tv. 

Another problem is that apps stop after a while. Today at least Poweramp seems to work. But not when listening through Bluetooth. Then the app stops after about 30 seconds. 

Just to check (probably a silly question) but you haven't accidentally disabled the button in Settings >Look and Feel > Player UI have you?

If apps stop after a while, check the battery optimisation settings. Make sure all the apps that you want to continue using are configured so they aren't put to sleep after the screen goes off. Also make sure you have PA Settings > Misc > Use Wakelock and Keep Service enabled.

Andre

4 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Just to check (probably a silly question) but you haven't accidentally disabled the button in Settings >Look and Feel > Player UI have you?

On android 10 (MIUI 12), the Chromecast button doesn't appear at all, even if the option is set to main screen/main screen button.

Archived