Poweramp does full rescan of library after each phone reboot

Jurtaani

So my issue is that after I restart my device, on the build 893. Each time I restart my phone Poweramp library is completely empty except for few sample files in the internal memory. 

I doubt that it has anything to do with my SD-card (except for the fact that those missing files are from there.) 

Reason why I say this, is because right after I restart the phone in the settings it shows that the sd card is already mounted and accessible. 

Also i added shortcut for files app on my home screen and right after I reboot and put in my password, i opened files app and my SD card was already accessible and I was able to browse files on it. 

But if i restart the device, put in my password and say go to Chrome or any other app first and give Poweramp fair chance by waiting 2 minutes. 

It still panics and does not keep my library intact and i have to either wait for it to finish scanning (5-10) minutes) or go to "recently added" and listen my files from that mess. 

I'm not sure why Poweramp keeps panicking after each reboot, but it would be better if there was an option that prevents Poweramp from nuking the whole library like that. 

I much rather see "this file in not accessible" error if there was some weird reason for it, rather than keep having to write the whole library from scratch after each boot. 

You could try doing a clean install (or clear app data). Uninstall PA and the unlocker, then re-install without allowing Google to restore settings from the cloud. Grant Access to the SD Card again in Settings > Library > Music Folders and then re-select your SD Card music folder in the same menu. Remember to backup any internal Playlists and Settings first though. Try it clean first, without restoring any Settings.

Andre

On 2/16/2021 at 1:41 AM, andrewilley said:

You could try doing a clean install (or clear app data). Uninstall PA and the unlocker, then re-install without allowing Google to restore settings from the cloud. Grant Access to the SD Card again in Settings > Library > Music Folders and then re-select your SD Card music folder in the same menu. Remember to backup any internal Playlists and Settings first though. Try it clean first, without restoring any Settings.

Andre

I have to keep it in mind when I reboot my phone again and see if this issue still happens and then try those steps. 

Archived