License verification failed

thomas84

Hi, I bought Poweramp on the playstore but I don't have play services anymore. So I went on the Poweramp forum and followed the steps (downloaded the website apk, went in the settings, filled in my email address and my purchase id) but it's not recognized...
So I emailed the Poweramp dev but still didn't get any answer...
Can anyone help or is the dev here ?

If you purchased any apps from the Google Play Store then you must have the Play store and Google services installed (and use the same Google account) to be able to re-install any of those apps on a new device. You either need to sideload Google services onto your new device, or make a new purchase from the relevant App Gallery on your new device, or buy an individual licence from the website here (which would be for a single device at any given time, but wouldn't need access to any app stores/galleries).

Otherwise it'd be like buying a movie from Amazon Prime and then expecting to be able to watch it on Netflix.

Andre

The first item in that FAQ states that for Google Play purchases you need to use the same Google Play account that you purchased it with:
image.png

The second section of the FAQ then covers restoring website purchases:
image.png

You can try contacting support and see if they can perhaps help by voiding your Google purchase to you can get a website licence instead, but that's not something I have any control over I'm afraid.

Andre

O okay I didn't understand that, it's why it didn't work...

So yea I emailed them 5 days ago but still didn't get any feedback, if the dev sees that message, he can contact me and I can give my google play purchase ID so he can switch the license from google to non-google

1 hour ago, thomas84 said:

so he can switch the license from google to non-google

I said you could ask if there's anything that can be done, I don't know if it's possible though. As I said, it's like buying a movie from Amazon Video and then asking the original film company if you can now watch it on Netflix instead.

Support will be able to confirm one way or the other anyway.

Andre

@thomas84 unfortunately we can't move licenses from one payment service to another (obviously there are no such tools provided by Google - we can't just invalidate purchase there, and supportings things like over years generally doesn't work for $1-$5 one time purchase app. It could work for subscription based app or paid updates app, but we're not there). The Website purchase in this regard is most versatile as it works on any device where Poweramp work and is not dependent on Google or other services.

Archived