CCWGTV Lags and Stutters

SMoore

Using v3 build 884 with Pixel 2 on Android 11 and Samsung Galaxy 10se also with Android 11. Both devices cast perfectly to my Google Nest Mini, Google Nest Hub and Hub Max but both have long multiple pauses during playback on CCWGTV. Also works properly with an older Chromecast on my other TV. 

Hope you can help because it would be awesome to be able to use Poweramp with my CCWGTV. 

• 1 month later...

Just bumping this to see if others are having the same problem.  I know there has been at least one firmware update to CCWGTV since I posted this bug.  I am starting to wonder if the problem is with my CCWGTV.  

Checked and sample rate was set to defined by device and sample format was set to 16 bit.  I tried setting sample rate to 44.1 but it didn't make any difference.  Funny thing is Spotify casts without any problems as does Amazon Music.  Strange.   Thanks for the suggestion.   

@SMoore not exactly. The behavior with audio stuttering or having pauses is defined by your phone battery optimizer, which decides to cut air for Poweramp in background. Please add Poweramp (and Unlocker if you have it, or uninstall it) to optimization white list (or otherwise allow background for the app).

On Samsungs its: Long press on Poweramp icon / (i) / Battery - Allow background activity - ON,
Optimize battery usage - Select Apps not optimized / All - Poweramp - UNCHECK, Poweramp Unlocker - UNCHECK.

When Poweramp plays audio on 3.5 or BT, most ROMs are smart enough to understand that app is probably doing something useful for the user. But when Poweramp is casting to Chromecast - which is purely network operation, it looks like app consumes CPU and network bandwidth in background for nothing and is a good target for the "optimization".

• 2 months later...

Archived