Chromecast connection dropped after 5 seconds

Niggle

Hi,

Not sure if this is a bug or just a setting I don't know about, but ...

I'm running Poweramp v3-882 on a Samsung S10 (Android 10), and casting to a Google Chromecast Audio running firmware 1.42.172094 (Chrome/76.0.3809.81).

Works fine when Poweramp is running in the foreground. I can pause the playback indefinitely, and then resume play to the Chromecast.

Seems the issue is only when Poweramp is running in the background, if I pause playback (say by using the widget), then the Chromecast connection is dropped after exactly 5 seconds (and the Google home notification that something is casting, disappears).  If I then resume playback, it plays to the phone.

I have other audio players on the same phone (Spotify, Castbox) and neither of them drop the connection in this way.

Any ideas?  Can this 5-second interval be extended?  I think 5 minutes would be more appropriate.

Thanks, Nigel

Hi,

A few scenarios which might help to narrow it down ...

• Running Poweramp in the foreground, I can pause indefinitely then resume playback to the Chromecast Audio.
  • Running Poweramp in the foreground, if I pause and then leave Poweramp, connection is dropped 5 seconds after leaving Poweramp.
  • Running Poweramp in the foreground, if I then leave Poweramp and then pause from the Poweramp widget, connection is dropped 5 seconds after pausing.
  • Running Poweramp in the foreground, if I then leave Poweramp and then pause from the Poweramp pull-down notification, connection is maintained indefinitely !!

Thanks, Nigel

Archived