LG V40 Low Bluetooth and Aux volume

csmyka97

Please enable DVC + disable Absolute Volume (for Bluetooth). 
See Settings / Audio / Direct Volume Control for the details - UNCHECK No DVC for Bluetooth Absolute Volume - provided you disabled Absolute Volume in developer settings.

Thanks!

• 6 months later...
On 8/4/2020 at 2:45 PM, maxmp said:

Please enable DVC + disable Absolute Volume (for Bluetooth). 
See Settings / Audio / Direct Volume Control for the details - UNCHECK No DVC for Bluetooth Absolute Volume - provided you disabled Absolute Volume in developer settings.

Thanks!

Will unchecking No DVC for Bluetooth Absolute Volume damage earbuds or cause clipping?

Just now, andrewilley said:

Using DVC and Bluetooth Absolute Volume at the same time can cause issues, hence Max's suggestion to turn on the "Disable BT Absolute Volume" control in the Android Developer Settings menu.

Andre

I just want to make sure that I'm not doing any damage because when I do turn it off, the music gets very loud lol

4 minutes ago, csmyka97 said:

because when I do turn it off, the music gets very loud lol

But that's exactly what you asked for...

On 8/4/2020 at 8:00 PM, csmyka97 said:

I've been using Poweramp on my lgv40 and have noticed low volumes with Bluetooth and aux. Is there any way to fix this?

If it's now too loud, just turn it down with the volume control, or reduce the preamp setting in the Equaliser, or use ReplayGain if your songs have RG data embedded.

Andre

2 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

But that's exactly what you asked for...

If it's now too loud, just turn it down with the volume control, or reduce the preamp setting in the Equaliser, or use ReplayGain if your songs have RG data embedded.

Andre

I know, and I like it now that it is loud, I just wanted to ensure that the loudness isn't doing damage to my audio equipment

7 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

You do have a volume control. Just because it goes up to 11 doesn't mean you have to push it up that far.

If you are playing music at such a high level that you are worried about damaging your audio equipment, heaven help your ears...

Andre

I usually max the volume on my phone and adjust the volume on my output device as necessary. Should I not be doing that?

That's how I tend to use Bluetooth as well, and indeed most audio signals generally. Full level signal fed between the devices, which on old analogue gear kept the noise floor low, and then adjust the listening volume on the final power amp stage ("power amp" in audio equipment terms, not PA the app).

Andre

17 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

That's how I tend to use Bluetooth as well, and indeed most audio signals generally. Full level signal fed between the devices, which on old analogue gear kept the noise floor low, and then adjust the listening volume on the final power amp stage ("power amp" in audio equipment terms, not PA the app).

Andre

I see. Well I will be smart about my output device volumes and just not worry about damaging the device with power amp settings. Thanks for your help and sorry for all the questions

No hardware can be damaged while your audio is in the digital domain, the 'sound' is just a load of ones and zeroes at that stage - it'd be like damaging your device by putting too large a number into a spreadsheet. :)

Once sound becomes analogue via an output device though, very extreme volumes could technically become damaging, but you'd really have to be deliberately stupid about it.

Andre

Archived