Recovery deleted file

Sundara pandian

Poweramp is a music player, not a data recovery service.

Upon selecting a song for deletion, you are prompted with the following:

“Selected song will be permanently deleted from the storage. CUE won’t be removed.

Cancel / Delete

You were appropriately warned, no?

3 hours ago, Sundara pandian said:

I want solution 

Unfortunately, the real solution would be either:

(a) Keep backup copies, or
(b) Don't delete files you want (there is a warning prompt)

Some devices / ROMs have a Recycle option, but that often only applies if you delete a file from within their file explorer app.

If the file was on an SD Card, you could try removing the card from the device as soon as possible and running some undelete/recovery software on it. If nothing else has overwritten that storage area in the meantime it might be possible to retrieve a deleted file. See articles like https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/storage/how-recover-files-from-sd-card-3481659/ for advice.

Andre

And to protect yourself from you deleting more files in the future go to Settings -> Library -> Lists and set the Delete Action to off to disable PA's ability to delete files (my personal opinion is this type action should really be done from a file manager and "delete" capability should be removed from PA).

3 hours ago, w3wilkes said:

(my personal opinion is this type action should really be done from a file manager and "delete" capability should be removed from PA).

I generally agree with you, however there is one occasion where having an in-app delete is useful, and that's for podcasts/radio shows/etc, where I delete each old podcast as soon as I've listened to it.  

Andre

Archived