Enabling No Duck/disabling Short Focus Audio doesn't work

M Akmal

Phone: Realme C2

ROM: Color OS 6 @ Anrdroid 9

Poweramp version : build 871

I have a problem when I try to turn off Short Audio Focus when using whether MTK Hi-Res / OpenSL Hi-Res output (from previous build). The audio will sound like in telephone/voice chat mode (mono and quite sound) when the notifications come in.

Same goes to No Duck Option. When I turn on Short Audio Focus and No Duck options, notifications keep interrupting audio instead of ducking it.

Some devices can't handle multiple audio streams with Hi-Res + DVC enabled. Poweramp automatically has proper default settings to avoid any artifacts. As you tweaked those, you may try also tweak e.g. Audio / Advanced Tweaks / Emulate Media Stream or/and DVC options. Thanks!

On 5/21/2020 at 3:25 PM, andrewilley said:

Does happen in regular OpenSL (non high-res) output too?

No. It only affects the Hi-Res output

16 hours ago, maxmp said:

Some devices can't handle multiple audio streams with Hi-Res + DVC enabled. Poweramp automatically has proper default settings to avoid any artifacts. As you tweaked those, you may try also tweak e.g. Audio / Advanced Tweaks / Emulate Media Stream or/and DVC options. Thanks!

I will try it tomorrow after my sister wakes up. thanks.

• 3 months later...

sorry for very, very late report. I completely forgot this problem since i always turned off my notification while playing music to avoid distraction while listening music 😂🙏

in this current build (882), the problem is even worse. The sound is completely interrupted (silent) in short time during notification alert popped out, even though i disabled the short audio focus in settings.

i tested it using MTK hi-res output. Could you fix this bug please?

It may just be an issue with your device's internal audio feature not being fully compatible with running a high-res audio output at the same time.  I assume you've tried Max's advice and checked to see if disabling DVC helps, and also tried Restore Defaults in Settings > Audio > Output. There are a couple of options in Settings > Audio > Advanced Tweaks you could try too (Force Audio On Audio Focus Change. and Emulate Media Stream and both worth trying).

Andre

Try disabling high-res and use Open-SL ES output. It sounds like this might be issue with your phone not playing nicely between its own (regular) audio needs and apps running high-res at the same time. There are several places where you can try to disable DVC by the way - both in the main DVC settings and the individual Output pages - I assume you've tried them all?

Andre

But I need Hi-res output tho. The sound is very clean than using regular output.

Is there any way to use OpenSL ES hi-res instead? Because i think it has no problem in short audio focus now instead of using MTK hi-fi output.

Archived