Incorrect output with Android auto

agw0121

When I use Poweramp with my Android auto, I found the music output is incorrect.

The sound is played by mobile but car speaker.

However I change the music app to Google music, it can output by car stereo correctly.

Would you please help to check the issue?

Phone: Asus Zenfone 5z with Android 10

Car: Mercedes w213

2 hours ago, agw0121 said:

The sound is played by mobile but car speaker.

Do you mean the PA display and controls show correctly on the car head unit, but the sound comes from the phone speaker rather than the car speakers? Have you tried using any of the other Settings > Audio > Output options?

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

Yes the car unit can display the correct music, but the music is played by the mobile even I use headunit to play the music. I didn't do any setting change.

It is only happened with Poweramp, if I change to Google Music it can be played by car stereo.

Unfortunately, Poweramp doesn't control the route music takes - this is done by Android and out of app control completely (except Chromcast, but this is not an output, it's a network endpoint). I can only recommend changing Audio Output types (e.g. switching to non-hi-res output, if hi-res is used, etc.). Thanks!

Hi I just check the audio-output setting.

When I encountered this incorrect output, I go-to this option and pick "default setting" It could play by car stereo. But I have to set it for each connection. Can it provide any direction for saving?  I do not want to change the settings Everytime.

After you have run Settings > Audio > Output > Restore Defaults, try selecting each of the Settings > Audio > Output methods in turn (enable your playback option in OpenSL ES, then Audio Track, High-res, etc). The chosen type should stick if you find one which works best for you.

Also, try Settings > Audio > Advanced Tweaks > Force Speaker Off (for High-Res Output)

Andre

• 3 weeks later...

Archived