Can't find tracks from main folder if one of its subfolders are unchecked

M Akmal

I have one BIG music folder that contain a thousand of music. Some of them are organized into subfolders (like albums, etc) and others (uncategorized/unknown album) are just laid down in the main folder itself. However, if I try to uncheck one of its subfolders, any tracks that only stored in the main folder are also not detected. I give you screenshot for this. It looks like the main folder is unchecked while its subfolders still checked.

Screenshot_2020-04-20-23-18-59-55_345bb2134bfb84a7decceb0b36861421.thumb.png.b1bb9d0f1326062870871fd7ab7db574.png

Even though i try to recheck that subfolder again, the main folder is still unchecked, making its songs undetected.

Screenshot_2020-04-20-23-19-22-50_345bb2134bfb84a7decceb0b36861421.thumb.png.66beab62000da1b8b07d6910c7078c28.png

and if I recheck the main folder, any unchecked subfolders are also checked. Thanks!

That's not uncommon behaviour, my network server (NAS) backup system works the same way. By de-selecting any individual subfolders, you are implying that you no longer want everything in the parent folder to be a selected item.

The work-around is to move all of the file contents of the parent folder into a new subfolder of their own - e.g. "Misc Music" or something like that - which can be enabled in your Music Folders list.

Andre

17 hours ago, andrewilley said:

By de-selecting any individual subfolders, you are implying that you no longer want everything in the parent folder to be a selected item.

16 hours ago, maxmp said:

It can't partially scan and not scan the same folder at the same time.

So it means I can't deselecting/unchecking subfolder in the main/parent folder?

22 minutes ago, M Akmal said:

So it means I can't deselecting/unchecking subfolder in the main/parent folder?

You can choose to only select certain subfolders within a parent folder and deselect others, but by definition that action also deselects 'whole folder' tick that was shown against the parent folder (as you are no longer enabling the whole folder). This will mean that ONLY the ticked subfolders of that parent folder will be scanned, and no files from the upper parent folder (which is now de-selected) will be scanned.

As I said, you could just create a separate subfolder for the straggler files:

Let's say I have a folder called  "Electric Light Orchestra" which contains several album folders: "A New World Record""Out of the Blue",  "Discovery", and  "Time",plus a few random files which are other single releases that don't belong in any of those albums.

I could simply enable the whole  "Electric Light Orchestra" folder, which would pick up all the contents of the main folder plus all its subfolders. However if I deselect "Time" then the parent "Electric Light Orchestra" folder would also become deselected , and thus any odd single files contained within it would not be found either.

What I would do in a case like that is to create a new subfolder in the  "Electric Light Orchestra" folder called something like "Singles" for all the random files, and tick that folder too. That way all the odd single files would be read, along with whatever subfolders you have also selected. 

Andre

Archived