Playlist Error.

michael1

The last music files I added to phone (mi a3) located on SD card. Have added to card as normal, but are all showing as playlists, ie full albums. Have done this operation loads of times, only thing different is a different PC used. If I delete the playlist, they then appear as duplicates, which I can delete. Any ideas for future file management?

In Poweramp and many other players, the "playlist" means user created list of tracks, containing references to the tracks from user library (or cloud service, etc.). Other albums/folders/all songs/etc. categories are not "playlists".

If you mean you can't find your tracks anywhere in Poweramp library, this is most probably related to your Music Folders selection and controlled (in Poweramp ) via Settings / Library / Music Folders.

What I meant was the last albums that were added are showing as playlists. I have never added any playlists on this device, certainly not full albums. Maybe I'm missing something really simple. Screenshot attached. 

Screenshot_20200404-150633.png.jpg

Somewhere on your device's storage there are presumably some .m3u files (maybe in the same folders that your album songs are stored)? Some ripping software can create them, and/or CUE files, but with decent tagging and modern apps they are pretty much redundant. Remove any .m3u files that you don't want. Any decent file explorer app should let you search your storage for "*.m3u". You might then need to do a Full Rescan (or a Rescan/Resolve Playlists within the Playlists category).

Andre

Archived