DVC making everything quieter.

Heroxoot

It sounds better, but from what I read it's supposed to help me get the maximum volume? Why is it quieter? I've used Poweramp for years but only now decided to try different things as I've bought very high quality earbuds and can hear differences more. Google says it helps with better bass and maximum loudness. But if I had to guess it reduces volume by 2 or so on the scale of 15. So a 5/15 sounds like a 3/15. For references the 15 comes from how many clicks you have from muted to max volume on the Android slider. Just curious as I have to turn up my music more this way and max isn't max any more.

DVC simply gives Poweramp more direct access to the audio system, rather than passing too much control via the device's firmware. Normally, with DVC enable it tends to be louder as PA can better control the headroom in the audio chain. With DVC off, PA will normally not send out quite such a high level to avoid potential distortion. You can influence this by using the preamp gain in the EQ settings though.

Andre

15 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

DVC simply gives Poweramp more direct access to the audio system, rather than passing too much control via the device's firmware. Normally, with DVC enable it tends to be louder as PA can better control the headroom in the audio chain. With DVC off, PA will normally not send out quite such a high level to avoid potential distortion. You can influence this by using the preamp gain in the EQ settings though.

Andre

Seems like it's buggy on Android 10 maybe? I tried turning it back on and now everything sounds like a 2/15 on max volume. Clearly something is wrong here. 

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

You haven't had an update recently have you? Try resetting Settings > Audio > Output back to defaults.

Andre

Note 10+ had an Android update this past week or so. I'll try it tho. 

Edit: No dice. I guess DVC and Bluetooth just don't work well together. I'll just avoid it. I can use the no dvc headgain option to try and get as good of bass as I can. 

Archived