Poweramp
GanstaKingofSA

Use LDAC Codec on Poweramp than SBC for Bluetooth

So I noticed there is a LDAC feature on my phone that I heard is the recommended codec to listening to music on your phone via Bluetooth.

However when I set it in Developer Options, and return to the app, it resets itself to SBC. Is there something wrong that I'm doing?

Phone: Galaxy S9 (T-Mobile)

Preset: Hi-Res 44.1khz Bluetooth

Speaker: Samsung Soundbar

Poweramp just shows what is used by system and it can’t change that. Usually, sbc codec means other codecs are not supported either by phone or by the receiving device. Thanks!

On 11/22/2019 at 4:47 PM, GanstaKingofSA said:

So I noticed there is a LDAC feature on my phone that I heard is the recommended codec to listening to music on your phone via Bluetooth.

However when I set it in Developer Options, and return to the app, it resets itself to SBC. Is there something wrong that I'm doing?

Phone: Galaxy S9 (T-Mobile)

Preset: Hi-Res 44.1khz Bluetooth

Speaker: Samsung Soundbar

On 11/22/2019 at 8:11 PM, maxmp said:

Poweramp just shows what is used by system and it can’t change that. Usually, sbc codec means other codecs are not supported either by phone or by the receiving device. Thanks!

It always will resets itself to SBC, if you're not playing music in the moment, and your connected device doesn't support the codec you've selected. When I've tested this on different devices - results was the same. I think - that is what you faced with.

I just noticed, that my answer is similar to MaxMP's answer.

Correct, the codec activates (and appropriate info is updated in Poweramp) when some audio is actively played.