Use LDAC Codec on Poweramp than SBC for Bluetooth

GanstaKingofSA

So I noticed there is a LDAC feature on my phone that I heard is the recommended codec to listening to music on your phone via Bluetooth.

However when I set it in Developer Options, and return to the app, it resets itself to SBC. Is there something wrong that I'm doing?

Phone: Galaxy S9 (T-Mobile)

Preset: Hi-Res 44.1khz Bluetooth

Speaker: Samsung Soundbar

On 11/22/2019 at 4:47 PM, GanstaKingofSA said:

So I noticed there is a LDAC feature on my phone that I heard is the recommended codec to listening to music on your phone via Bluetooth.

However when I set it in Developer Options, and return to the app, it resets itself to SBC. Is there something wrong that I'm doing?

Phone: Galaxy S9 (T-Mobile)

Preset: Hi-Res 44.1khz Bluetooth

Speaker: Samsung Soundbar

On 11/22/2019 at 8:11 PM, maxmp said:

Poweramp just shows what is used by system and it can’t change that. Usually, sbc codec means other codecs are not supported either by phone or by the receiving device. Thanks!

It always will resets itself to SBC, if you're not playing music in the moment, and your connected device doesn't support the codec you've selected. When I've tested this on different devices - results was the same. I think - that is what you faced with.

I just noticed, that my answer is similar to MaxMP's answer.

• 4 weeks later...

I've experienced this as well, and it's not just a matter of timing or the connected device. My Note 9 won't actually change codecs through the developer options, but it does look as if it's doing so. If you press back, then go right back into the codec section in Dev options, it's right back to SBC. It doesn't matter what external device I'm connected to. It's not related to Poweramp, it's a Samsung issue. More and more I'm considering moving to another line.

Archived