The function "Interval between tracks"

Planetuser

Доброго здравия !   

Уважаемый Автор ! Почему в Вашем плеере нет функции "Интервал между треками" ?! 

Данная функция позволяет задавать нужное значение интервала между треками. 

Например, если значение интервала между треками задано "60" секунд, то это означает, 

что после завершения воспроизведения трека плеер приостановит свою работу на 60 секунд,

для того, чтобы уши аудиослушателя могли "отдохнуть" от шума, восстановить свои силы,

после чего плеер возобновит свою работу и начнёт воспроизведение следующего трека, и так  далее.  

Такой режим прослушивания треков даёт ушам аудиослушателя мощную защиту от переутомления,

предотвращает накоплению усталости ушей, помогает на дольше сохранять их работоспособность.

Отсутствие этой функции в плеере вынуждает аудиослушателя слушать треки практически в непрерывном режиме.

Прослушивание треков в непрерывном режиме приводит к более быстрому утомлению ушей. 

Эта функция, безусловно, должна быть предусмотрена (с возможностью включения/отключения) в каждом плеере. 

Запрет на эту функцию обрекает уши аудиослушателя на ускоренный износ и истощение !

Надеемся на адекватную и оперативную реакцию уважаемого Автора в отношении данной проблемы.

Всего доброго !

(Translation from Russian into English by Google Translate)

Good health !

Dear Author ! Why in your player no function "Interval between tracks" ?!

This function allows you to set the desired interval value between tracks.

For example, if the value of the interval between tracks set to "60" seconds, then that means

that after completing the playback of the track the player will pause its work for 60 seconds,

so that the ears of the audio listener can "rest" from the noise, restore their strength,

after which the player will resume its work and begin playing the next track, and so on.

This mode of listening to tracks gives the ears of the audio listener a powerful protection against overwork,

prevents the accumulation of fatigue of the ears, helps to maintain their performance for longer.

The absence of this function in the player forces the audio listener to listen to tracks practically in continuous mode.

Listening to tracks in continuous mode leads to faster fatigue of the ears.

This function, of course, must be provided (with the ability to enable/disable) in each player.

The ban on this function dooms the Ears of the audio listener to accelerated wear and exhaustion !

We hope for an adequate and prompt response of a respected Author in relation to this problem.

All the best !

5 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Most people want exactly the opposite, and there has been a lot of work put in to making playback as gapless as possible. I've never heard anyone suggest a 60 second gap between songs before. 

Функция "Интервал между треками" больше подойдёт для тех, кто каждый день любит много времени проводить с музыкой, но при этом не желает переутомлять свои уши.

Если человек за день прослушивает не более 10 треков и слушает не каждый день, то эта функция не особо нужна, но если он за день прослушивает десятки треков и так каждый день, то эта функция приобретает особую ценность для здоровья ушей человека. 

Беречь уши от переутомления - это ответственность каждого аудиослушателя. Сделать в  плеере функцию для защиты ушей от переутомления во время аудиосеансов (в данном случае речь идёт о функции "Интервал между треками") - это честь Авторов подобного рода программ, не лишённых чувства уважения к здоровью людей/пользователей.

Функция предлагается опционально - с возможностью включения/отключения. Значение интервала между треками можно выбрать обычно от "0" до "60" секунд.

The function "Interval between tracks" is more suitable for those who every day like to spend a lot of time with music, but do not want to overwork their ears.

If a person listens to no more than 10 tracks per day and listens not every day, then this function is not particularly needed, but if he listens to dozens of tracks per day every day, this function is of particular value for the health of a person’s ears.

Protecting your ears from overwork is the responsibility of every listener. To make a function in the player to protect your ears from overwork during audio sessions (in this case we are talking about the "Interval between tracks" function) is an honor of the Authors of this kind of programs who are not deprived of a sense of respect for the health of people / users.

The function is offered optionally - with the ability to enable / disable. The interval between tracks can usually be selected from "0" to "60" seconds.

• 2 years later...

Приветствие!

Уважаемый , Максим Петров !

В плеере появилась опция "Тишина (пауза) между треками".  Огромное спасибо, в том числе за это.

Максимальное значение длительности тишины (паузы) между треками, которое можно задать ограничено 5000 мсек (то есть,  5 секундами).

В других плеерах, в которых есть эта опция, максимальное значение длительности тишины (паузы) между треками, которое можно задать составляет, обычно,  60 000 мсек (то есть, 60 секунд).

Я люблю слушать музыку много часов подряд, и мне очень важно  сохранять хорошую работоспособность ушей на протяжении всей аудиосессии.

Поэтому я использую опцию "Тишина (пауза) между треками".

Обычно, я предоставляю ушам одну минуту (60 секунд)  отдыха после каждого прослушанного трека.

За это время мои уши уcпевают отдохнуть и, таким образом, я могу слушать музыку много часов без переутомления ушей.

В связи с этим огромная просьба к  Автору приложения  Poweramp Максиму Павлову - расширить максимальный порог опции "Тишина (пауза) между треками" с 5000 мсек до 60 000 мсек (то есть, до 60 секунд) (то есть, до  1-й минуты).

Это очень важно для сохранения здоровья ушей, для предотвращения накопления усталости ушей, особенно, в случае многочасовых аудиосессий.

Для тех, кому эта опция не нужна  в плеере есть возможность её отключить (выставить значение тишины между треками 0 мсек).

Благодарю, Максим Петров.

Greetings!

Dear, Maxim Petrov!

In the player appeared the option "Silence (pause) between the tracks." Thank you so much, including for that.

The maximum value of the duration of the silence (pause) between the tracks, which can be set to set, is limited to 5,000 msek (that is, 5 seconds).

In other players in which there is this option, the maximum value of the duration of the silence (pauses) between the tracks, which can be set, usually is 60,000 msek (that is, 60 seconds).

I like to listen to music for many hours in a row, and it is very important for me to maintain good ear performance throughout the audio session.

Therefore, I use the option "Silence (pause) between the tracks."

Usually, I provide my ears for one minute (60 seconds) of rest after each track listened.

During this time, my ears come to rest and, thus, I can listen to music for many hours without overwork.

In this regard, a huge request to the author of the Poweramp application Maxim Pavlov - to expand the maximum threshold of the “silence (pause) option between tracks” from 5000 msek to 60,000 msek (that is, up to 60 seconds) (that is, until the 1st minute) .

This is very important for maintaining the health of the ears, to prevent the accumulation of ears fatigue, especially in the case of many hours of audio sessions.

For those who do not need this option in the player, there is the opportunity to turn it off (set the meaning of silence between the tracks 0 Msek).

Thank you, Maxim Petrov.

In as much as I am not against any request, I think I will not use this feature, gapless playback is one, if not the first feature that brings people to Poweramp before sound and interface. 

My own request, I wish Poweramp can queue sounds with same beat and tempo after the first song is selected (by the listener) if possible, increase or decrease the speed to match the outgoing song and gradually return to normal tempo.

Bencherished 

15.06.2022, 11:43, maxmp сказал:

the silence duration can be extended a bit, though current implementation extends the song itself so it may look weird that song is played for a much longer time that the song duration is.

Первый момент - плеер без "согласия" пользователя не будет увеличивать тишину между треками.

Второй момент - когда пользователь случайно переместит ползунок этой опции, и задаст максимальное значение, тогда, действительно, недопонимания не исключены - почему между треками такая долгая тишина.  Но

Третий момент - те пользователи,  для которых опция " Тишина между треками" не нужна, скорее всего, не будут пытаться передвигать ползунок этой опции (и возникновение лишних вопросов по поводу работы плеера, в частности, связанной с опцией "Тишина между треками", маловероятно).

Спасибо большое.

The first point - the player without the "consent" of the user will not increase the silence between the tracks.

The second point - when the user accidentally moves the slider of this option, and set the maximum value, then, indeed, misunderstandings are not excluded - why such a long silence between the tracks. But

The third point - those users for whom the "silence between the tracks" is not needed, most likely, they will not try to move the slider of this option (and the emergence of unnecessary questions about the work of the player,
 in particular, associated with the option "Silence between the tracks" is unlikely).

Thanks a lot.

I can't see it does any harm to offer a longer period of added silence, which would show as continued playback after the original displayed end duration. If a user has selected it, they can't complain when it does what they asked. :)

Personally I'd much prefer the opposite feature to be brought back, the 'Skip Silence' option from PA v2. So if a track has 10 seconds of silence hard-encoded at the end (or at the start come to that) it can be skipped. Removing what broadcasters refer to as the heinous crime of "dead air" during a listening experience.

Andre

• 3 months later...