There's something that would be much easier for me if Poweramp had this feature. When I get a new song or album, the first thing I do is to check the waveform in the Wave Editor Pro app from Playstore to see if it has been a victim of the loudness war. I search for suspicious parts (sometimes it's the whole song or even the whole album) and I zoom in to see if the wave has been clipped. It would be nice to do it without leaving Poweramp.

Is your music already scanned with replaygain tags? with foobar on windows the traditional DR & R128 (dB) measurements can be added to the file tags. If you click info/tags in Poweramp the normalization amount & peak level in dB will then be seen. It would be nice if Poweramp would display the R128 dB dynamic range measurements too, however. 

22 hours ago, Fitzian said:

Is your music already scanned with replaygain tags? with foobar on windows the traditional DR & R128 (dB) measurements can be added to the file tags. If you click info/tags in Poweramp the normalization amount & peak level in dB will then be seen. It would be nice if Poweramp would display the R128 dB dynamic range measurements too, however. 

Unfortunately, I only have a tablet and a smartphone. I have tried what you say in Poweramp and these are the data shown for a given track:

FLAG, 636 sec. (10:36), 44100 Hz, 16 bit, Stereo, 981 kbps, Gapless, 76242kb

I can't see the normalization amount & peak level...

Regards.

On 10/9/2019 at 2:18 AM, andrewilley said:

This sort of advanced zoomable graphic display does not like something I'd expect from an audio editor, not a music player.

Andre

It hasn't to be zoomable nor advanced. A wave graphic from -0dB to -0dB is enough for most tracks. That's the way I choose the album/song version to keep after having downloaded it from Deezer. It could appear as one more visualizatiion preset. It's just an idea.

A detailed waveform graphic can be seen in AIMP:

images.jpeg.26393be8df7a1fd938a5d29e45fe6a8e.jpeg

3 hours ago, Dalton said:

Unfortunately, I only have a tablet and a smartphone. I have tried what you say in Poweramp and these are the data shown for a given track:

FLAG, 636 sec. (10:36), 44100 Hz, 16 bit, Stereo, 981 kbps, Gapless, 76242kb

I can't see the normalization amount & peak level...

Regards.

I finally found it. It's not in info/tags; it appears by clicking the info message below the track time info.

Regards.

Archived