Note 10+ USB-C Sampling Rate

Wemustsavemyfamily

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, the device should be tested (by me) instrumentally as Samsungs have specific audio system (which always report 48kHz) - it may or may not use 192kHz, but it can't be easily seen via API Poweramp uses.

Do you have by chance exact name/model of the USB dongle? Thanks!

58 minutes ago, maxmp said:

Actually, the device should be tested (by me) instrumentally as Samsungs have specific audio system (which always report 48kHz) - it may or may not use 192kHz, but it can't be easily seen via API Poweramp uses.

@maxmp

Model name is EE-UC10JUWEGUS. This is the link:

https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/mobile-accessories/phones/usb-c-headphone-jack-adapter-ee-uc10juwegus/

15 hours ago, maxmp said:

Mine is the EU one: EE-UC10JUWEGWW but as I said I have the same issue. Fixed at 48khz.

Regards.

I tested a similar usb dac and I can confirm it’s an UI issue as Samsung audio subsystem always reports 48k. O matter what is the actual dac sampling frequency is. Dac properly works on 192khz if it supports it. Actually, Samsungs usb dac ‘driver’ seems to always use 192khz, even if we actually send 48k to it. The UI issue is fixed for the next builds.

Thanks Maxmp!

So the samsung USB-C headset dac is always using 192 khz even if I select (for example) 44.1 khz? Is there any way to actually confirm this way? I was looking to be able to use the sampling rate of the Files I play, but from other post you send I understand that Samsung (at least on S10) is using fixed frecuencyes (48, 192 & 356 if I remember well). I do not know if this is also true for the  EE-UC10JU adapter...

Regards,

Manuel.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Maxmp, have you confirmed the last topic? Does the dongle always use 192khz rate?

In UAPP I'm able to select 44,1  (also 192 khz by the way). Best quality should be always doing no conversion.

Regards, 

Manuel.

Restested it with S10+ @ Android 10 beta:

- standard outputs seem to use 48 kHz by default, DAC works on 48 kHz
- 44.1 kHz is resampled to 48 kHz by Samsung audio system
- 96 kHz and 192 kHz results in 192 kHz/24 bit playback, DVC works
- everything > 192 kHz results in 384 kHz/32 bit playback, DVC doesn't work (should be disabled)

On 11/4/2019 at 11:15 PM, maxmp said:

Restested it with S10+ @ Android 10 beta:

- standard outputs seem to use 48 kHz by default, DAC works on 48 kHz
- 44.1 kHz is resampled to 48 kHz by Samsung audio system
- 96 kHz and 192 kHz results in 192 kHz/24 bit playback, DVC works
- everything > 192 kHz results in 384 kHz/32 bit playback, DVC doesn't work (should be disabled)

Hi, so with your investigation, it seems that there is no way of using/forcing 44,1 kHz?

If I understand correctly conversions always happens to 48, 192 or 384 depending on configuration.

Regards,

Manuel.

• 1 year later...

Archived