Sort by Album, then by track

tktk

I do not see a way to do this, but it seems very basic and logical.  I have all of Queens CD's.  I ripped them and added them, but there is no way to put them in order easily...without a ton of work.

I just want to sort the albums in order than they were released, then have the tracks in their normal order...

It seems like it one or the other.  If I sort by Album then the tracks are in alphabetical order....am I missing something?

27 minutes ago, tktk said:

I do not see a way to do this, but it seems very basic and logical.  I have all of Queens CD's.  I ripped them and added them, but there is no way to put them in order easily...without a ton of work.

I just want to sort the albums in order than they were released, then have the tracks in their normal order...

It seems like it one or the other.  If I sort by Album then the tracks are in alphabetical order....am I missing something?

You can choose the order in the list options. Accessible via 3-dot-button.

62320196233.jpg

I tend to use Folder sorting, as my individual tracks do not always have reliable year info in tags (some don't even have album titles at all, such as singles and radio recordings, etc). Then I name my folders for each album starting with the year (or any other text that I want to use for sorting specific types of music).

However if your tags are all reliable, use Album Artists category and then you can set the album level sort mode to 'By Year' (tap the three-dots menu icon in the album-titles list, and then choose List Options)

Andre

Archived