Android TV control?

OverDhill

I look forward to the 838 version.  I installed the apk you sent me (Poweramp-v3-build-836-uni.apk) on my Asus Zenpad tablet and I like what I see so far.  I am hoping to use this on my new A95X Android TV box that has a built in 500GB hard drive. I have all my APE files loaded on it and will do some testing using a WIFI mouse and keyboard for now. I would like to see the option to restrict the library folder location to a selected choice.   Also I like hitting the album cover and have it go to the track list. I would be nice to be able to tap the narrow album cover when in that track list screen and go back to the large cover.

I would also love to be able to control the app running on a tablet or Android TV box with another copy or remote app from my cellphone.  This way all the local files would be on the hard drive and that Android would be fed into the stereo receiver via HDMI but controlled with your phone. This is along the lines of JRMC's JRemote that can control the JRMC copy on a PC.

Well I found an app that almost does what I want.  I can control Poweramp transport controls but it says that it can't find albums remotely from Poweramp but it lists some other players.   Any chance you guys could look into what it would take to get this to work?  I think this would be a huge advantage for Poweramp users.

Phone to Tablet Remote

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fk33.remote&hl=en_US&rdid=fk33.remote

@OverDhill Thanks for the link, I'll check this app. But Poweramp v3 already supports both Poweramp custom but simple API, and standard Android media browser API (this is used by Android Auto, smartwatches, etc.). I don't think there are any other it should implement.

Archived