Album art displayed with screen locked

danbowski

I got a new phone today. The first screenshot is how Poweramp looked in my old phone when it was locked, which is how I like it. The second one is how it's showing in my new phone. How can I get the album art displayed when my phone is locked?

Screenshot_2019-06-23-23-52-25.png

Screenshot_20190623-234941_Poweramp.jpg

42 minutes ago, blaubär said:

Did you enable Settings > Lock Screen > Album Art ?

Yep! I had both phones side by side and put all the settings identical. Just checked it again, and the setting is correct (though it does say it's not supported by some devices, I can't imagine it's not supported by a Samsung A30). I tried restarting both my phone and Poweramp, still nothing.

Hmmm, and something else I just noticed. When the phone is locked, I can pause and skip ahead from the lock screen (but still with no album art). But when I pause it, then turn the phone off, then back on again (not restarting it, just the power button), the Poweramp controls disappear completely. I've been using Poweramp for a couple of years, and it's always stayed paused on the lock screen for as long as I left it there.

The artwork thing is an annoyance; this other thing is a major problem. I don't want to be unlocking my phone and hitting play again every time I have to pause it for a few seconds.

28 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

I'm guessing your new device is running a different version of Android, and there are often changes in the way lockscreen items work between different versions. Same goes with Notifications. What Android versions do you have?

Andre

Android version is 9.

4 hours ago, danbowski said:

Sorry, 9 is the new one. Old one is 5.1.

There's a massive difference in the way different Android versions behave. I don't get album artwork on my post-AOD lockscreen in Pie (I have a lockscreen wallpaper set, and only get album artwork if I enable PA's own lockscreen).

Andre

Well, Poweramp has become essentially unusable to me. I made a 449 MB update to my new (expensive) phone, and Poweramp still disappears from the lock screen when I pause it, which means to continue playing it, I have to unlock my phone and open Poweramp again, instead of just unpausing it(in addition to still not having album art on the lock screen). Complete garbage.

Sorry, but you'd need to take that up with Google - they made a lot of other changes between Android 5 and Android 9 too, some of which we may like, others not so much. Or use the Poweramp lockscreen. However whichever one you use, as far as I l know it won't display music controls on the lockscreen unless music is currently playing.

Andre

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Please take it up with Google, they made a lot of other changes between Android 5 and Android 9 too. Or use the Poweramp lockscreen.

Andre

I have the same problem with the lock screen. When the music is playing, it shows on the lock screen. But as soon as I pause it, it disappears and I have to unlock my phone and open Poweramp again to start playing it again.

1 hour ago, danbowski said:

I have the same problem with the lock screen. When the music is playing, it shows on the lock screen. But as soon as I pause it, it disappears and I have to unlock my phone and open Poweramp again to start playing it again.

Yes, that would happen. Android displays music player interface buttons on the lockscreen while music is playing, but if you close the device and unlock it again then nothing would be displayed now that music is not playing. I don't know if there are any third-party lockscreen apps around which override Android's default behaviour though.

Andre

• 1 year later...
On 6/24/2019 at 4:14 PM, andrewilley said:

There's a massive difference in the way different Android versions behave. I don't get album artwork on my post-AOD lockscreen in Pie (I have a lockscreen wallpaper set, and only get album artwork if I enable PA's own lockscreen).

Andre

My old os was an stock clean 9 pie android and album arts on lock screen worked done. Bot now on LineageOS 17.1 what builded on 10 android don't let Poweramp to do it. Sorry for my English... And acdc top:)

if you give me an answer then please send them to my mail so i can see

• 1 year later...