Some Help and Advice Please

Monty1948

I'm able to rip music from CDs to to MWP, sometimes WMP doesn't immediately recognise album art.  I then ask WMP to find album information and it usually works.  

I save each ripped CD (with the album art) in a separate Windows folder on my PC and then copy and paste the folder to my mobile phone. 

Those which WMP didn't immediately find the album information will almost certainly appear in the Poweramp library as Unknown Album which is annoying especially as there are quite a few of them making selection difficult.

Could someone please advise me how I can overcome this problem and be able to view title tracks and album art in Poweramp 3?  Thanks

If your ripping software did not tag your music when you first ripped the CD (so just shows Track#1, etc) you will need to add tags -such as Title, Artist, Album, and the cover image - to each of the files subsequently. A batch tag editor is probably the easiest to do this for multiple files, something like MP3Tag or TagScanner.

Andre

Thanks, I'll give that a go.

I had obtained all the information, Album art, Artist and Tracks "after" initial ripping but before pasting to Poweramp.

I'll have a go with MP3 Tag but It might be for consideration that when I open the file in MP3 Tag it would show all the information which WMP accrued.

I was able to enter the track in Poweramp but unable to change the album title from Unknown Album.

Thanks again

I have a similar issue where correctly taged MP3 songs ends up as unknown in PA when initially copied to the phone. I have found two ways to resolve the problem:

• Rename the directory on the phone that holds the problematic tracks, this causes PA to re-scan the tracks.
  • Do a FULL rescan of the library.

I would recommend you to try a FULL rescan of your library, go to settings and  at the bottom of Library settings page there you have the full rescan.

Thank you.  I've tried doing a full rescan but unfortunately that has not resolved my problem.  I also changed the name of one of the folders through File Manager, eg one folder named  "A Fxxx Bxxx" to "AA Fxxx Bxxx" that too has not worked.

I've always selected my music in PA either through Artist or Album.  If I select Artist PA will only show "known" albums, if I select Album which I do most frequently I get the problem shown in my opening post.

Strangely, I've just noticed that if I select Folder option, those unknown albums are displayed correctly but not the tracks.

Thanks everyone.  It's my ignorance that's the problem!  

I've spent more time with Mp3Tag and managed to solve my problem, but I wouldn't have been able to do so without the kind help from those above.

So thanks once again.

Archived