Can't disable the equalizer anymore

wus

Some time ago I used the 10 band equalizer to equalize a (lousy) speaker, which required quite extreme bass and treble boost. Now I can't permanently disable this adjustment anymore. I can disable the EQ in the currently playing song, but every time a new / the next song starts, Poweramp returns to the extreme EQ setting that I had saved back then.

Yes, but shouldn't it be possible to deactivate the EQ? Shouldn't the Reset button on the EQ's top menu be global, and supersede the settings in the submenu? It seems weird to offer a Reset button on the top surface, which is then overridden by a selection in a submenu that you don't even get to see when you push Reset. And only when the next song starts . . . ? ? ?

7 hours ago, wus said:

Yes, but shouldn't it be possible to deactivate the EQ? Shouldn't the Reset button on the EQ's top menu be global, and supersede the settings in the submenu? It seems weird to offer a Reset button on the top surface, which is then overridden by a selection in a submenu that you don't even get to see when you push Reset. And only when the next song starts . . . ? ? ?

Sure, one can see it that way. Or the other way round. One has to take precedence over the other. Whatever the one or the other is.

As for the songs : what have you assigned to the EQ-preset ? Songs ? Folders ?

Whenever you assign/save a preset, you also give it a name. To later remove it (which includes removing it from any songs/folders/devices/etc that you have assigned it to) tap on the 'Preset' link in the EQ screen and long-press on the item you want to remove (you can multi-select at this point) then Delete.

The 'Reset' link in the EQ screen does not delete any saved presets, it merely returns the current EQ screen back to its default flat settings.

Andre

This organizations seems really weird to me, kind of reverse logic... but okay, at least I know now how to delete a preset. Thanks for the explanation.

Is it also possible to just "suspend" it permanently, so that I can re-use it some time in the future?

I now saved a linear (and a few other) EQ settings that I can switch between, so problem = solved.

Thanks for your assistance.

Just out of curiosity:

There is no such UNASSIGN button in my app. When comparing with your screenshot I noticed also a different title of this pop-up: Save Preset, instead of Apply Preset. Do you have a different version? Mine is v3-build-826-play (Full Version).PowerampNoUnassign.jpg.c41cf3761be8808164f8fce00d8f5799.jpg

10 hours ago, wus said:

There is no such UNASSIGN button in my app.

Long-press on a preset in the Presets list, then tap 'Assign'. You can then assign the preset to somewhere else, or unassign it completely (which keeps the setting saved, but does not automatically load it it for any particular song/album/device).

Andre

On 6/17/2019 at 9:21 AM, andrewilley said:

Long-press on a preset in the Presets list, then tap 'Assign'.

Thanks Andre. This was the part that I did not know about until your explanation.

Archived