Several albums for only one needed

institut

Hi

I have a series of files whose tag "Album" contains "French varieties".

When I request the display of available albums, Poweramp display several albums "French varieties".
Why ? normally, I should only have one?

36 minutes ago, institut said:

Hi

I have a series of files whose tag "Album" contains "French varieties".

When I request the display of available albums, Poweramp display several albums "French varieties".
Why ? normally, I should only have one?

Probably because there are different album artists in the song's tags.

What causes several tracks to be treated as one album entity depends on several things:

The best solution is to ensure that both the Album Artist tag and the Album Title tag are 100% consistent across all of the tracks (then the Track Artist tags can vary, such as for Various Artists albums).

If you don't use Album Artist tags, then both the Track Artist and Album Title tags must be consistent across all of the tracks for them to be considered part of the same album. This is to prevent cases where an album entitled "Greatest Hits" by Madonna would otherwise get merged along with tracks from a similarly titled "Greatest Hits" album by Bruce Springsteen. There is a Join Albums option in Settings > Library > Lists which can override this action.

Please check that the Album Artist and Album Title tags are all exactly correct for any tracks which are getting missorted.

Andre

On 6/8/2019 at 10:53 AM, andrewilley said:

What causes several tracks to be treated as one album entity depends on several things:

The best solution is to ensure that both the Album Artist tag and the Album Title tag are 100% consistent across all of the tracks (then the Track Artist tags can vary, such as for Various Artists albums).

If you don't use Album Artist tags, then both the Track Artist and Album Title tags must be consistent across all of the tracks for them to be considered part of the same album. This is to prevent cases where an album entitled "Greatest Hits" by Madonna would otherwise get merged along with tracks from a similarly titled "Greatest Hits" album by Bruce Springsteen. There is a Join Albums option in Settings > Library > Lists which can override this action.

Please check that the Album Artist and Album Title tags are all exactly correct for any tracks which are getting missorted.

Andre

For me, it seems to be the explanation

I will check this tags

Thank you

On 6/8/2019 at 10:53 AM, andrewilley said:

Andre

I checked all the tags.

Actually, that was it

I had to erase all the tags referring to an album (track no., Artist of the album ...)

Thank you for info

Archived