Notch compatibility

Milkdrop presets already fill the whole screen (well, apart from that camera hole / notch, as obviously there's no screen behind there!).

You can even hide the device's normal Status/Notification bar (which is otherwise shown as transparent over the visualisation) by using PA Settings > Look and Feel > Hide Status Bar. The only thing left from the Android UI would be the Home/Back/etc buttons at the bottom the screen (assuming your device does not have proper hardware buttons that is) which can be set to auto-hide via your Android settings.

Andre

1 hour ago, Wrench said:

With status bar the visualiser is up to the notch but after hiding status bar their is a black strip there

That's true, hiding the status bar just removes the notification content, but it does not make PA fill up the empty (and now fully black rather than transparent) space. One for @maxmp I think.

Andre

• 2 years later...

On my Z fold 3 front cover, the notch covers the album art when status bar is hidden, is there a way to hide status bar and push the album art down?

I also notcied technically the notch is in the middle of the album art when Z fold3 is open too, however the under screen camera, I never noticed the album art was on the camera. 

On my Galaxy A70, if I turn the status bar off, on the default skins PA behaves are you mention - i.e. the status bar is removed as requested, and everything moves up to fill the gap. Not every phone even has a notch, never mind the same size, so allowing for it might be difficult.

Also, if you do fill up that top space then it's almost impossible to access the real status bar via drag-down at the top of the screen, as PA's artwork drag gesture takes over.

Skins can do this though, in $YAPS$ the status bar zone remains reserved as before, but as a empty white bar; I suspect that extending the blur background, or using the same user colour choice as for the Android navbar, might look nicer though.

Andre