Shortcuts?

vAmp

How can I

- while playing a song from an album of an artist go to an overview/list of all the albums of this very artist? (The most intuitivething would be a long pressure on hte artist's name - doesn't work).

- while playing a song from an album of an artist go to a list of all the songs (from all albums) of this artist?

Long-press on the album art and tap on either Album or Artist to go the the relevant list (where the currently playing song will be highlighted). Note: you may need to scroll down the menu choices as the folder/album/artist items are near the bottom.

Andre

2 hours ago, vAmp said:

How can I

- while playing a song from an album of an artist go to an overview/list of all the albums of this very artist? (The most intuitivething would be a long pressure on hte artist's name - doesn't work).

- while playing a song from an album of an artist go to a list of all the songs (from all albums) of this artist?

Press the button in the lower left corner, that will bring to the library. With the 3-dot-button there in the upper right corner you can invoke list options and so choose which library parts to see.

2 hours ago, blaubär said:

Press the button in the lower left corner, that will bring to the library. With the 3-dot-button there in the upper right corner you can invoke list options and so choose which library parts to see.

Thanks. But the idea is not productive. Sure, I can click and tap trough "Artists"-list or "Album"-list respectively. Normal scroll function. Takes me some minutes. That's everything but a shortcut.

18 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Long-press on the album art and tap on either Album or Artist to go the the relevant list (where the currently playing song will be highlighted). Note: you may need to scroll down the menu choices as the folder/album/artist items are near the bottom.

Andre

Thanks. Comes close to what I have in mind. Close, but not exactly the thing. Still unavailable is: all the albums of one artist side by side in chronological order.

(All these things I am talking about here were easily available in Poweramp v2! 😌)

By the way: I would like to change the order of the options (or delete some) in that list behind the album art. Without scrollig. To go immediately to "Artist" is more relevant than "Songtext" or "Tags" - at least for me. 

13 minutes ago, vAmp said:

Still unavailable is: all the albums of one artist side by side in chronological order. 

Tap on album art, the player switches to list view. Hit Android back button, you see all artist's albums in chronological order. That is, if you've started  by artist/album ordered by year in the first place.

If you tap Artist, it will do what the wording suggests and take you to that Artist's "All Songs" list, positioned to show the current song. You can change the order of the list using List Options in that screen. Tap Back at this point to go up to the Artist level (again, with their albums sorted as per your List Options choice for that view).

If you tap Album, then you will be taken to the currently playing song in Album view, sorted based on the Albums > songs-list List Options settings.

It is not possible to re-sort the items in the player context menu to move your personal favourites to the top of the list.

Andre

31 minutes ago, blaubär said:

Tap on album art, the player switches to list view. 

It does, but in the user's current playback category (which could be artists, albums, folders, genres, recently added, etc.) You need to long-press (or use the three-dots menu) in the Player screen to be presented with the option to specifically change to the Artist, Album, or Folder view.

Andre

Archived