File scan bug - confusing normal files with CUEs

So today I discovered that my playlist is missing a file.

c3.JPG.83fcd8716892d38debf9289a5336670a.JPGs1.JPG.36fefa098a10e146e83e5cfb80efc20f.JPG

After some digging, I found that a normal FLAC file has been treated as a CUE file.

s3.JPG.d83423b57b2f0ca03b0f204a04fd9a9e.JPGs2.JPG.609ea3ed4686905eb5338dccc35c6375.JPG

Of Course, These files cannot be played and skips automatically. But manually playing the FLAC track from the file explorer poses no issue, and the artwork was displayed correctly.c5.JPG.eaa211cecaa8c2e70298b532a7a00707.JPG 

No, my .m3u file is not corrupted,

Capture.JPG.7af9ebec1d8152190b060561ca693e96.JPG

and the music file is not corrupted.s6.JPG.9b885af2c05479fd84b24244880c2659.JPG

Dozens of my other playlists has the same issue, and I wonder if this happens to anyone else. Oh, and the currently playing bar(the bottom one)

s99.JPG.12eadba1440196946a7338f367db4d51.JPG

Doesn't display the right tracks sometimes.

Is there a CUE file anywhere on your device that is pointing to that Phil Collins FLAC file as a source? If so, PA will show the CUE-generated version rather than as a song in a folder.

You might also want to have a look at:
Settings > Library > Scanner > Parse CUE files
and
Settings > Library > Lists > Show CUE disc image files (this overrides what I said above, and allows PA to show both the original source audio file used by a CUE, as well as the CUE-generated song version).

Andre

5 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Is there a CUE file anywhere on your device that is pointing to that Phil Collins FLAC file as a source? If so, PA will show the CUE-generated version rather than as a song in a folder.

You might also want to have a look at:
Settings > Library > Scanner > Parse CUE files
and
Settings > Library > Lists > Show CUE disc image files (this overrides what I said above, and allows PA to show both the original source audio file used by a CUE, as well as the CUE-generated song version).

Andre

Thanks for your detailed response!

This happens to me as well.

I closed the “Parse CUE file ”Setting, removed all Cue sheets, re-scanned the library, reopened this Setting, re-added all the CUEs, re-scanned, and this issue is gone. But I double checked that no CUE files anywhere is linking to this audio file, so there might be a glitch or something that caused this in the first place. 

BTW, is it normal for the song playing bar(the gray bar in the last pic of the topic description) to display a completely different track? (After pressing the song, which it said is this song, another song appears on the playing screen.)

16 minutes ago, Jeremy594 said:

BTW, is it normal for the song playing bar(the gray bar in the last pic of the topic description) to display a completely different track? 

It is certainly not intended, but you wouldn't be the first person to report this as a bug. Some people have noted a correlation between the mini-player showing the wrong track details and song titles which happen to start with non-alphabetic characters, but as yet the dev hasn't been able to replicate the problem.

Andre

15 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

It is certainly not intended, but you wouldn't be the first person to report this as a bug. Some people have noted a correlation between the mini-player showing the wrong track details and song titles which happen to start with non-alphabetic characters, but as yet the dev hasn't been able to replicate the problem.

Andre

Well. try importing two m3u files with completely different content and contains some songs beginning with non-alphabetic character, then play one of them. turning the screen off and re-opening the app and this issue will (probably) occur.

And indeed, everytime the miniplayer freaks out, some tracks beginning with non-alphabetic character (and usually not in the playlist). Perhaps it has something to do with the player's library sorting mechanism, probably the hierarchy is messed up.

@Jeremy594 It would help if you notice what was the category it was playing when miniplayer de-sync happened (e.g. folder/album/playlist/m3u playlist etc). Yes, there is no way I can reproduce this unfortunately, even with the track with the non-alpha chars (as provided by other users).

3 hours ago, maxmp said:

@Jeremy594 It would help if you notice what was the category it was playing when miniplayer de-sync happened (e.g. folder/album/playlist/m3u playlist etc). Yes, there is no way I can reproduce this unfortunately, even with the track with the non-alpha chars (as provided by other users).

As far as I can tell, the de-sync happens when I play .m3u and .m3u8 playlists, folder and folder hierarchy, and Artists. But I'm not sure of others since I rarely use other category.

Archived