Cast built in to Onkyo AVR

Duarian

Hello,

I realize this is probably linked to the older cast version of my Onkyo AVR (it's using 1.28). Poweramp will play music for about 15 seconds, and then disconnect from my AVR. It does work on all of my Google homes.. unsurprisingly.

Curious thing is black player streams to the AVR just fine. I realize this isn't Google's cast by a long shot, but when I use black player or even mirror my device using the Google home app I have no issues.

Just thought maybe I would report it. I'd love for this to work, but understand that max can't test every possible cast version. I've already bumped up the buffer size to max for Chromecast, the end result sadly is the same.

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

My Onkyo amp (TX-NR555) has the same problem with Chromecast from PA. Max is still looking into the issues, but thinks it may need even larger buffering.

Andre

Good to know! I'm running the TX-NR686. I see he put up a test build with a different streaming method. I'd be interested to try that as well.

52 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@Duarian it's here: 

Thanks max!

I can also confirm same as Andre the alternate method sadly doesn't solve the cast to AVR problem. I'll keep using the Google home app to cast to that. If you need anything else tested please let me know. I'd love to solve this issue 

4 hours ago, maxmp said:

Chrome/63 is min supported version ATM.

That would probably explain why us Onkyo users are having problems then. I'm guessing they have a standard (but old) implementation of Chromecast across all their amps. I've just done a firmware update on the amp to their latest online version, but the Chromecast situation has not improved (still Chrome/62.0.3202.17, and still playing for 20-30 seconds and then disconnecting).

Andre

Archived