Select menu 'Play' button

Megaooga

I like the setting to change the default click option for library items to "enque and stay within list." However when I have that option selected, there's no easy way to play a song immediately.

Its jarring to others on my phone and I have to explain there's no way to directly play a song with my current settings.

There was an option in v2 as I recall, right next to the 'enque' option. 

My suggestion for v3 is to replace the 'Queue' button in the select menu with a 'play' button while the "enque and stay within list" option in settings is enabled.

Screenshot_2019-01-31-05-50-18.png

1 hour ago, Megaooga said:

I like the setting to change the default click option for library items to "enque and stay within list." However when I have that option selected, there's no easy way to play a song immediately.

Its jarring to others on my phone and I have to explain there's no way to directly play a song with my current settings.

There was an option in v2 as I recall, right next to the 'enque' option. 

My suggestion for v3 is to replace the 'Queue' button in the select menu with a 'play' button while the "enque and stay within list" option in settings is enabled.

Screenshot_2019-01-31-05-50-18.png

You can tell Poweramp to immediately start the queue :

Settings > Library > Queue > Start Playing Queue immediately

If you use the queue only for this, it would solve your problem.

If you are already playing from queue, you would need an additional option to put the song not  only in the queue but on the first position in the queue. Such a feature request is currently being discussed.

However the simple expediency of putting a Play icon back into the popup menu (which is where it was in v2) would probably be a much more practical solution. I suspect that when Max took it out for v3, he forgot that people may have changed the default tap action to Enqueue rather than Play.

Andre

59 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

However the simple expediency of putting a Play icon back into the popup menu (which is where it was in v2) would probably be a much more practical solution. I suspect that when Max took it out for v3, he forgot that people may have changed the default tap action to Enqueue rather than Play.

Andre

Yes, that would be the easiest way, probably both for developer and users .

Archived