I can't Export Playlists

ChannelZ28

I have playlists that were made in Itunes that added to Poweramp by importing .m3u files. I have since added a lot of songs to the existing playlists, using Poweramp to add the songs. 

I just got a new phone and want to transfer the playlists over as they exist currently.

When I use the export playlist function it says "0 playlists exported."

What am I doing wrong?

If you have been adding tracks to .m3u playlists with Poweramp, that does not work. You can add tracks to poweramps internal playlists though. Poweramp will recognise .m3u playlists and present them normally but they are still .m3u. Exporting playlists from Poweramp is the export of poweramps internal playlists to .m3u so if no playlists export i suspect you have no internal ones, only .m3u playlists. These you simply copy to your new device to some folder. Copy your music too but ensure that the structure of the folders is the same. Lastly, tell Poweramp which folders to scan, make sure you include the one with the playlists. Do a full rescan.

The M3U files should be in the same location where you first put them. I always thought PA did not touch existing physical files when you modify playlists in-memory but Max says changes are now written back to the source files, so you should just be able to just copy the files to your new device. As Theo mentions above, 'Export Playlists' only exports internal database playlists, not ones that already exist as physical files.

Andre

1 hour ago, flyingdutchman said:

@andrewilley is it not the case that given Poweramp looks at the last folder and trackname of the .m3u information, where you put these becomes irrelevant? As long as the location is scanned.

Yes, that is now the case as I understand it. This ought to prevent the problems people had with invalid PC-based path details in Android file systems and vice versa. That functionality should not affect what the OP is trying to do here though.

Andre

Thanks, I suspected something like this. The question is, will the .m3u files be updated with the new tracks added or will I have to add everything all over again? 

If not, is there any way of creating new .m3u8 files from the current playlists so I can save my playlists as they are currently?

As andre states, with the latest release Poweramp updates the .m3u playlists. It is easy to check, make a change, then use a text editor, open the .m3u playlist and see if your change is there.

You can export your playlists to .m3u8 by going settings, library, export Poweramp playlists. Pay attention to the dialog box as it tells you where they are saved.

Archived