Car audio USB problems

haukeluet

Hi! I am using Poweramp on my new caraudio-radio with android. An Atoto A6. The music is on two usb sticks, connected with the radio. Both are ntfs formated.

The player looks great and works fine. Thank you! But there are two problems which I would like to fix.

First: When I switch the car off, the radio switches off. When I start the car again, Poweramp apears, but doesn´t start to play. I think the problem is, that the usb stick needs a short time to wake up. Is it possible to fix that?

Second: When I register a usb stick in Poweramp and pull it of the radio, all the titels still apear in the music list. That doesn´t make sense. Can I hide the titels, that are not available, without register them new after I put in the USB stick again?

Thank you

7 hours ago, haukeluet said:

When I switch the car off, the radio switches off. When I start the car again, Poweramp apears, but doesn´t start to play. I think the problem is, that the usb stick needs a short time to wake up. Is it possible to fix that?

Did you activate "Resume on Start" ?

0192019557.jpg

7 hours ago, haukeluet said:

Second: When I register a usb stick in Poweramp and pull it of the radio, all the titels still apear in the music list. That doesn´t make sense. Can I hide the titels, that are not available, without register them new after I put in the USB stick again?

Ideally Poweramp should automatically start a scan when the contents of one of the music folders changes. Do you have activated "Auto-scan" and "USB...." ?

As for the removal or insert of a storage device, I'm not sure whether that should trigger a full rescan. Perhaps that also depends on Android settings regarding the mounting of the device into the directory.

What you have in mind with storing ... what happens if you create a playlist ? Is it still available and filled after USB removal / insert ?

019201951955.jpg

11 hours ago, haukeluet said:

Poweramp has always had issues if storage devices get temporarily unloaded, as the music scanner would notice the content is missing and assuming the files have been deleted it would wipe all the relevant entries from its local database (which also removes them from internal playlists, loses star ratings, etc). Even if it was just a temporarily blip and an SD Card reappears shortly afterwards, the old content would still be lost and replaced by a newly scanned version (not in playlists, no ratings, etc).

To help resolve this problem, Max said he has improved this behaviour a little in recent releases, so it is more tolerant of removed mass-storage which may become accessible again later. 

Andre

Ok. I am back again.

I found the menu "Audio Focus" and switched on "resume an start". But it changed nothing. I still have to press the play button after starting the car. And it seems to me, that the song always starts from the beginning after starting the car.

I don´t find the menu "scanner" in my german freeware, But I found out, that it just takes about 20 seconds until Poweramp regognizes that a usb stick is disconnected or replugged and changes the libarary.

So that problem is solved. Maybe somebody got an idea for the start problem?

Thank you very much.

9 hours ago, haukeluet said:

And it seems to me, that the song always starts from the beginning after starting the car. 

See the settings concerning long tracks in

Settings > Library > store/restore per track progress and Track duration for per track progress

The song will start where it stopped last time for songs longer than the duration limit

022201952638.jpg

11 hours ago, haukeluet said:

Ok. I am back again.

I found the menu "Audio Focus" and switched on "resume an start". But it changed nothing. I still have to press the play button after starting the car. And it seems to me, that the song always starts from the beginning after starting the car.

I don´t find the menu "scanner" in my german freeware, But I found out, that it just takes about 20 seconds until Poweramp regognizes that a usb stick is disconnected or replugged and changes the libarary.

So that problem is solved. Maybe somebody got an idea for the start problem?

Thank you very much.

"Freeware" means Android ?

The Settings for Scanner that my screenshot showed are part of Poweramp, not Android, see Settings > Library > Scanner.

You'll find an USB-related option there, too.

Yes. I am using the 14 days testversion for Android. I will have a look again for the scanner option later.

I already found the option for long tracks. Question: If I change that to 1 minute, every track that I once started to hear and then switched to another track, will start at an incorrect position when I start to hear the album sometime again. Doesn´t it? Nobody wants that.

But I will try that.

Thank you very much for your help.

8 minutes ago, haukeluet said:

If I change that to 1 minute, every track that I once started to hear and then switched to another track, will start at an incorrect position when I start to hear the album sometime again. Doesn´t it? Nobody wants that.

It resumes playing where you aborted it. If you don't want that, don't use it. A lot of users wanted it for very long tracks, e.g. audiobooks.

• 1 month later...

Ok. I am using the full version for a vew weeks.

When I switch on the car the music sometimes starts automaticaly at the right (last) position. But Sometimes the music doesnt start automaticaly. I have to press the play button and the music starts at the last track but at the beginning of the track! Strange. This seams to happen randomly. 

Any ideas? Is it possible to change that with the next update maybe? 

The player itself is great and looks amazing! 

Thank you very much. 

Archived