...I am so Frustrated with the 3.0 Interface

ethan417

48 minutes ago, rexdrummer said:

Going from ver 2 to ver 3 the whole interface is different from ver 2,

That's rather the point - if it were the same, it would still be called v2! It is a more modern interface, designed to integrate better with Google's 'Material Design' philosophy. It does have a lot more features though, so naturally there is a learning curve just as there is with any new product - whether that be a TV, a car, or an audio player.

It is very tweakable anyway, and between the multitude of internal options and external third-party Skins, you can make it look pretty much however you want. For example, if you want really simple with few control features, try:

minimal_poweramp_skin_3.jpg

Andre

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for your thoughtful help.

You note that v3 does have a learning curve.

For many of us that don't have the desire or time to figure it out.

It would be really helpful for the user community for the project team to publish a how to video (like many software developers do).

8 hours ago, andrewilley said:

That's rather the point - if it were the same, it would still be called v2! It is a more modern interface, designed to integrate better with Google's 'Material Design' philosophy. It does have a lot more features though, so naturally there is a learning curve just as there is with any new product - whether that be a TV, a car, or an audio player.

It is very tweakable anyway, and between the multitude of internal options and external third-party Skins, you can make it look pretty much however you want. For example, if you want really simple with few control features, try:

minimal_poweramp_skin_3.jpg

Andre

Rite so what if we payd for the app because of the fact we liked the user interface and it was more user friendly than this crap ver 3 one,,thats not what i payd for,,i liked the old user interfac so how do we go back to the old look,,are you telling me we cant and we bassicly payd for something we dont like

7 hours ago, rexdrummer said:

i liked the old user interfac so how do we go back to the old look,,

V3 has been the official release of Poweramp for well over a year now, not sure why you've only just decided you don't like it? And none of the many look-and-feel adjustments or Skin options help to resolve whatever your specific issues might actually be?

Anyway, no one is forcing you to use the updated version if you really don't want to, please feel free to continue to use the old v2 back from 2016 for as long as you wish to. There's a sticky post right at the top of the Legacy V2 forum explaining how to do this, it's pretty simple. Oh, and don't forget to turn Google Updates off for Poweramp after you've reinstalled build 589, otherwise it might try to automatically update you again.

Andre

Archived