Issue with play/pause and split albums in v3

Johnbsn

I have an LG-G710PM running Android version 8.0.0

Poweramp v3-build-814-play (Full Version)

Since v3 I’ve had something very strange happening. When I pause for more than about 10 seconds it will play for about ½ second after pushing play then pauses itself. Then if I push play within 10 seconds after that it plays just fine. I tried about everything in settings to no avail. I’m using a Back Bay blue tooth device. I have the same problem using a different blue tooth device. Selecting pause/play from the Poweramp UI on the LG phone works just fine. It also works fine using another player.

I am also experiencing music in the same album being split into two albums of the same name. Upon investigation I found that the Album Artist fields were not the same. I found that the option Join Albums was to solve this problem. I found it activated so it did not solve it. I finally resorted to making the field blank for all since I don’t use it for anything anyway. That solved the problem. But it is still a problem that needs to be addressed.

1 hour ago, Johnbsn said:

I finally resorted to making the field blank for all since I don’t use it for anything anyway. That solved the problem. But it is still a problem that needs to be addressed. 

An album is the set of songs with the same album title and the same album artist. An empty Album Artist may be circumvented with the join albums option, but not a different one.

2 hours ago, Johnbsn said:

The three pieces not joined with all the others had empty album artist fields. This was not a problem in v2. They've always been like this.

V2 did not process the Album Artist tag, which V3 now does.

As mentioned above, if there is no Album Artist tag present in your files then you can tell PA whether you'd prefer it to override the normal logic and go ahead and create 'albums' based solely on the Album Title tag.

But if Album Artist tags are present and do vary, then they should never get displayed as the same album. The reason is to cover cases such as two album titles called simply "Greatest Hits", but one by Bruce Spingsteen and the other by the Spice Girls; you probably don't want all those tracks treated as one album, although you can enable that if you prefer. 

Andre

Archived