"Artist" instead of "Album artist" on the player UI

inazuk

Thank you for the continuous development and improvements of this nice app.

It would be nice if artist name could be always displayed on the player UI instead of album artist name.
When I select an album from library -> album arttists, the album artist name is displayed , even if "Album artist Label" option is disabled In the current version of the player UI. (Please see the attached screenshot Screenshot_20181225-142217)
I think a song that have the "album artist" tag is a part of an omnibus/compilation album or one with featuring guest artists, so I hope the artist name can be displayed instead of the album artist like that in the widgets (Screenshot_20181225-142412).

I would be better if I could select which is preferable "Album artist" and "artist".

Regards

Screenshot_20181225-142217.png

Screenshot_20181225-142412.png

Thank you for your response.

Yes, I have already tried to turn off "album artist tag display" option.

When I select an album from Library -> Album Artists,  album artist is displayed in the main player screen even if this option is off.

When I select an album from Library -> Album,  artist is displayed in the main player screen if this option is off.

The widget screen seems to display artist either this option is on or off.

The notification screen seems to aware this option.

Thanks in advance

On 12/25/2018 at 7:44 PM, inazuk said:

When I select an album from Library -> Album Artists,  album artist is displayed in the main player screen even if this option is off.

It's the default behaviour of PA when playing a track from Album Artists category to show the AA tag but only in the main player.

I also had a request to have an option to always show the Artist tag when on AA category. Especially, when you have a compilation of songs with different Artists combined by the AA tag as Various Artists, VA, etc. It's a big help knowing who the singer is in the main player view. 

Max, please? @maxmp

Depending on where you get your music, your "Featuring" tag is either in the Title, Artist, or Album Artist field. If it's in your Artist or Album Artist tag then your library has to be a mess in one category or the other. I hope you don't listen to rap music as you could have 100's of the same artist "feat." multiple combinations of people.

A lot of music sites have switched over to tagging the Title with the "Featuring" as Artist was intended to be the lead performer of the song. So for you it would be "What Lovers Do feat. SZA". This makes your Artists much more manageable. Unfortunately when mp3 tagging was developed they didn't create a "Featuring" tag and some music sites just started randomly choosing where to stick it and has caused a lot of commotion in players ever since. 😐  In build 815 you have the ability to turn on always view Album Artist tag for albums and a separate option for Tracks also. This works in Artists, Albums and Genre. So depending on your preference you can go into these categories and view a album listed as "Various Artists" and when you click on the album the songs will then show each Artist tag in list view and while playing. But by using the Album Artist category it will always show Album Artist tag everywhere. That's a whole other feature that might conflict with the others.

Archived