How to get the old version back

insa

The new UI has lost all of the functionality. Is there a way to get the old version back from the playstore and check a box to just block updates? The update shouldnt have been automatic when the new version is just clearly a downgrade in terms of functionality and overview.

3 hours ago, insa said:

The new UI has lost all of the functionality. Is there a way to get the old version back from the playstore and check a box to just block updates? The update shouldnt have been automatic when the new version is just clearly a downgrade in terms of functionality and overview.

Uncheck auto-update in Playmarket on the page of the app

2 minutes ago, Honoka said:

hello!!! if i uncheck update in the page app i will get back to the old version because i really dont like the new version....

Is it a question? If yes, than the answer is no. It'll disable automatic update only. You can download the old version from the site. Just search for the instructions on this forum

17 minutes ago, NickIst said:

Is it a question? If yes, than the answer is no. It'll disable automatic update only. You can download the old version from the site. Just search for the instructions on this forum

sorry not from america no good english and thank you

On 12/22/2018 at 6:45 PM, andrewilley said:

All of the functionality is missed from the UI? How so, I find the new UI has a lot more features, not less.

Andre

I can no longer search within a large playlist to jump in the middle of a playlist. This was easily feasible in v2 with the filter search. It is also far slower.

The UI to get to things I need to manage and work with playlists have been completely botched and it was my appeal to Poweramp in the first place. v2 is what I paid for and I am very disappointed. I wish there was a v2 fork I could download that didn't pester me to update to v3. I may have to look elsewhere for my needs.

1 minute ago, itsdannyg said:

I can no longer search within a large playlist to jump in the middle of a playlist.

Erm, so not "the UI has lost all of the functionality" then. In fact not even a tiny fraction of it, just the search function?

Max has already said that the filter function was always something of a gimmick, but he plans to add some extra functionality to the Search option to replace it.

Andre

2 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Erm, so not "the UI has lost all of the functionality" then. In fact not even a tiny fraction of it, just the search function?

Max has already said that the filter function was always something of a gimmick, but he plans to add some extra functionality to the Search option to replace it.

Andre

I didn't lose ALL the functionality.... but yes the functionality *I* use was largely impacted. The way I use the program is not a "gimmick" to me. The functionality I found appealing has been removed. PERIOD.

I hate that in a playlist with thousands of song I can no longer just search for the one I was going to start at. That's great you are gong to add the feature.. but without this v3 is far worse than v2.

24 minutes ago, itsdannyg said:

I didn't lose ALL the functionality....

Well that is what you said, which was what puzzled me.

It's one of the problems of rewriting an entire app from the ground up, there may be some odd features which seem trivial or unused when you are coding it, but it later turns out that someone out there is depending on that functionality in some way you had not anticipated (more than one person in this case I suspect). The upcoming ability to search within the current category/list should do what you want though. 

Andre

Just now, andrewilley said:

Well that is what you said, which was what puzzled me.

It's one of the problems of rewriting an entire app from the ground up, there may be some odd features which seem trivial or unused when you are coding it, but it later turns out that someone out there is depending on that functionality in some way you had not anticipated (more than one person in this case I suspect). The upcoming ability to search within the current category/list should do what you want though. 

Andre

That was someone else you were quoting... but I agree with the sentiment that is frustrating to see an app you loved for years seem to lose its way. I liked this app because it was such a swiss army knife of music organization and navigation. For me this is no longer the case and doesn't meet my needs. I would add that It IS the trivial items and the extra bells and whistles that set Poweramp apart. I hope this is rectified soon -- and I'm glad the dev team has noticed. Nevertheless, it's all been aggravating in the meantime.

I guess I should have complained earlier in the a development phase.. but I was pleased with the app so didn't see any reason to be heavily involved with further improvements. Perhaps other happy customers were in the same boat... I am of the opinion that beta testers could include a population that has more unhappy customers that wanted to see changes to something others saw as good... but I could be wrong.

Thanks for listening and responding to my complaints.

9 hours ago, itsdannyg said:

That was someone else you were quoting...

Sorry, you quoted my reply in reply to... anyway, not you, sorry! :) 

For what it's worth, I have always said that I personally felt that the complete Material Design user interface overhaul was less important than incrementally adding new features, but the user vote was very clear that a modern look and feel was what was wanted - so that's what Max put 2+ years of hard work into. And I do very much like the end result, especially now that a few things (such as forced text over cover art and traditional seekbar options) have been made configurable.

There are of course still a few minor things that may need tweaking, and an odd little-used feature or two that perhaps didn't get added during the ground-up code rebuild, but these things are being tackled pretty quickly once users raise them as being a problem. 

Andre

Archived