Playlists gone

Alejandro Morales

Im so dissapointed, one of the main reasons for me to choose Poweramp was because of the easy wayto create playlists and rate songs. Now the last update erased everything i had. My songs database is surrounding 18,000 tracks and took about to 4 months a couple hours a day to create, just one of my playlists had about 2000 tracks, of course i exported them, but now even importing that backup is useless.  Hope you find a solution to this issue.

Thank you... Alex

Max has indicated that this will be "fixed" in the next release. However this does not get you the playlist back. The good news is you state you have the exported playlist.  Poweramp will import this playlist as long as you ensure it is in a folder that is scanned by Poweramp. Another approach could to use the import facikity of New Playlist Manager. You will find it is even easier to manage your Poweramp playlists and rate your tracks.  Make sure you have the latest version of Poweramp, currently v814

You indicate you cannot import? Are you using the Poweramp import function.? Well, this function imports android playlists, not .m3u8 ones. There is no need to import, Poweramp will find it and restore it. One more thing, the assumption is that your music folder structure is the same as before you lost the playlist. Did you remove the sdcard?

Keep a separate backup of your current M3U8 files too, just in case they get corrupted any further.

Open one of them in a text editor and check that the folder/file structure matches your actual file system (recent versions of PA only check the final folder level and the actual filename in order to match songs, due to all the issues people were having with underlying file systems changing between systems and wiping out lists).

Then copy your playlist .M3U8 files into a location that Poweramp is set to auto-scan (or you can adjust the valid folders in Settings > Library > Music Folders) and it should pick them up automatically (or if not, try a Rescan).

As Theo said above, there is no need to use Import System Playlists, as that has nothing to do with physical M3U8 files, it just copies any Android system playlists into Poweramp's internal database.

Andre

@martinkem if you use a text editor and open one of your .m3u playlists you will most likely see all your tracks are still there. Unless your restructured your music library, the problem is that Poweramp is probably not scanning the folder where the playlists are saved. Follow the steps in Andre's post above. Report back if a) your .m3u playlists contain valid data, eg a list of  the full paths for your tracks, b) folder is being scanned by powwramp

The m3u8 and m3u files are ok, I use the same folder for my playlists and my songs which happen to show up just fine. The playlists work just fine with other music players even the basic player that comes with Mixplorer. This all worked just fine until the last update.

Poweramp looks at the last part of the file path eg \storage\emulated\0\music\artist\album\track.mp3. so It will try and find \album\track.mp3 and if recognised will show in the playlist. Did you remove your sdcard at any point? Perhaps do a full rescan.

Also, asan alternative approach, android, on a reboot, will find the .m3u playlists and create  android playlists from them. You could import these into Poweramp

Archived