Shuffle Directory INCLUDING subdirectories?

Waboodoo

I don't mind the new v3 UI. It's weird but I think I can get used to it. What I can't get used to is that my favorite feature seems to have gone completely missing: I want to select a folder and have all the songs inside (i.e., including those in subfolders) play on shuffle. This used to be possible easily in v2 but I can't seem to find it in v3, which for me defeats the purpose of this app entirely. Am I just not finding this option or was it really removed?

I also tried to get used to V3 despite all the major changes. I couldn't seem to get shuffle to work properly either. Lets say I'm in "Folders Hierarchy" view and I have a couple of folders. Maybe I have a folder called "80's Music" and one called "90's Music" and so on. I used to be able to click on "80's Music" and then shuffle it and it would play all the 80's songs included in all of the subfolders under that main folder. It would create a playlist of maybe 500 songs. Now when I try to do the same thing it just picks a random folder (album) and starts playing that one single folder with a track list of maybe 12. This shuffle feature was the main thing that I used Poweramp for. If that feature no longer exists then unfortunately the app is no longer suitable for my needs.

I'm going to try to downgrade (or upgrade perhaps?) to V2 and hopefully things will work as intended. I'm not opposed to trying the new version but I need my basic functions to work. For such a major change I wish they would have branched off to two versions and let the users decide which one to install. Is it possible to list V2 on the Play Store alongside the new version?

This is the one and only time that I'll bump this but I was just hoping for an answer. Is this feature intentionally removed, not working as intended, or is there some other way to accomplish this? Can anyone in development comment on this?

Poweramp has no analytics, tracking, etc. built in, so it's not obvious if one or another obscure option out there is really used or not - only direct user feedback is available. So sometimes some option can be removed/replaced/changed and there will be a user which uses app "just for that option".

As shuffle mode seems requested, it will be re-implemented in the next builds.

At the moment, you can add folder to queue and that will allow shuffling all the files inside, including sub-folders.

I created an account just to bump this. We need an easy way to shuffle folders. I love the new UI but it took me a while to figure out all the features. I initially was very hesitant but now I think it's definitely superior. This is the only function we are missing!

Let me add to the chorus: the ability to simply long-press a folder, have the playback/shuffle options come up, then long press the shuffle icon to immediately shuffle that folder's contents including the contents of all subfolders, starting with a randomly selected track, was my primary way of using Poweramp.  I suppose it's good to know that I'm not crazy and this function just doesn't exist any more, but I'll be really happy if it finds its way back.

815 now seems to do (mostly) what you want. If you select an upper level folder and press the Shuffle icon, PA now plays each subfolder's contents in shuffled order rather than skipping to other non-nested folders. It does not do a complete 'all-songs' shuffle of all the subfolders in one go though, you'll hear the first subfolder (shuffled) first, then the second subfolder shuffled, etc. until all the subfolders have been played.

Andre

Archived