Queue features

First, I'd just like to say that Poweramp has long been a favorite app, well worth the purchase. I've probably recommended it more than any other single app. The new v3 release is, overall, a nice, fresh step forward and I appreciate all the effort that went into it.

There is one area though that I feel merits some scrutiny and consideration for improvement. Queue functionality.

My number one, by far, desired feature would be the ability to designate any list, album, artist, or song selection as "Play Next" or "Top of Queue". The selected item or items would effectively move to the top of the queue and play as soon as the current selection finishes. This could also effectively work as a "move to top" feature for selections made within the queue itself. Alternately, if it were possible to select songs within the queue and then press a "move to top" button, this would work almost as well.

Second, it seems that the default queue behavior is to not repeat a track until all tracks have been played once. However, the memory often seems to reset arbitrarily. If there is a way to make the queue's memory more rigid, it would be excellent. More often than not, I play queue items on shuffle, so it's easy to lose track of what I've played already.

Next, it would be great if it were possible to restrict duplicates in the queue. Often I add a few songs to the queue from a particular album or artist, and then come back later to add more. Of course the problem is that I don't always remember which ones I've added already.

Similarly, it'd be convenient to be able to display/sort queue items alphabetically by artist or album name. Often I lose track of exactly what I've put in the queue and would like to do a quick scroll to review. 

Finally, is it possible to bring back the option to see the next track scheduled to be played? While information about the current song's format and compression is occasionally useful, I very much miss the ability to know what will play next, especially on shuffle.

Please remember that the queue is not a normal playback category (like Folders, Albums, Artists, or Playlists). Is is designed as a way to briefly stop your normal playback method to listen to an odd specific song or two, before returning to regular playback. It should not really be used as your regular music listening system.

Andre

Archived