Shuffle All mode always override Queue and plays All Songs category - why?

mirel

This message is now seen in Settings > Library > Queue. My question is, why is this implemented? The way I've listened to music in Poweramp for 5 years now, is by having Shuffle All Songs always on. I just don't like listening to one artist during my commute. And whenever I feel like listening to one or a few specific songs, I quickly make a Queue playlist, and when all songs are played it reverts back to Shuffle All Songs. Shuffle Just Songs in turn ignores the Queue when I make one..

But in the new build this apparently isn't possible. Is there a way to get this to work somehow? I am a bit bummed about this because V2 has been giving me more problems as of lately, like the notification player not being visible (even that 3rd party one stopped), viper4android crashing and needing 2 reboots to get working again, and the queue randomly skipping over songs.. so I can't go back!

Shuffle all overrides is as otherwise Queue becomes the only category which is not overriden by Shuffle All (so that brings inconsinstency).

That also makes Shuffle All = Shuffle list for just Queue.

I can find your use case as viable one, so there will be some option to force non-shuffled Queue songs in Shuffle All mode. 

This also requires some indication in the ui (e.g. unselectable shuffle all icon with Q symbol).

I would suggest that it just works like it always did - i.e. Enqueue is treated as an entirely separate entity from normal playback modes, rather than being just another category. It is mostly used to 'break away' from whatever category you are currently listening to within the main player (whether that be albums, folders, artists, etc and also whether shuffled/repeated or not) in order to hear one track or a small selection of tracks - ideally in the order you added them to the queue. The extra ability to adjust tracks up or down the queue after adding them is a good one by the way.

Anything much more complex than that defeats the object of a simple temporary queue and gets more into the territory of more permanent Playlists. The old option in Settings > Folders & Library > Queue to have the queue ignore the current shuffle mode was perfect, as I guess some people might want to shuffle their queued items, but I suggest shuffling/repeating the queue is set to Off by default.

Andre

8 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I would suggest that it just works like it always did - i.e. Enqueue is treated as an entirely separate entity from normal playback modes, rather than being just another category. It is mostly used to 'break away' from whatever category you are currently listening to within the main player (whether that be albums, folders, artists, etc and also whether shuffled/repeated or not) in order to hear one track or a small selection of tracks - ideally in the order you added them to the queue. The extra ability to adjust tracks up or down the queue after adding them is a good one by the way.

Anything much more complex than that defeats the object of a simple temporary queue and gets more into the territory of more permanent Playlists. The old option in Settings > Folders & Library > Queue to have the queue ignore the current shuffle mode was perfect, as I guess some people might want to shuffle their queued items, but I suggest shuffling/repeating the queue is set to Off by default.

Andre

Agree! Right now it feels like Queue is a playlist in itself. While technically it is, it's purpose is to temporarily ignore whatever playlist or style of playback is currently enabled, but with the intent of returning to it.

Archived