Poweramp don't read songs in folders

eddie_the_man

This is a big first time I saw it... I have some folders with mp3 files that the app does not read. I checked all the boxes rescan multiple times... Still songs don't appear although they are inside the folder.
In the default player app they appear.

They play in Poweramp if I choose them with a file explorer app.

Thanks.

On 9/30/2018 at 9:23 AM, andrewilley said:

I assume the folders are ticked in Settings > Library > Music Folders ? If so, check the names in case there are any odd characters, and also try copying the contents to a new simple folder ("temp" or something) and see if that scans.

Andre

I tried everything including your suggestions. Dont work. Still I have some folders with mp3 that the app simply don't read.

Thanks.

13 hours ago, andrewilley said:

So it's not the folders, it's the contents? (i.e. copying the files over into another folder, or into a folder where other content has loaded OK, does not read either?)

Andre

yop did it... created new folders... nope does not read the files.. the problem must be files

13 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Try putting one or two of the problem files into another folder (one for which the contents do scan correctly) and see if then it shows up with a rescan. If not, it's definitely the files.

Andre

I done that as well. Didn't work. If the problem is in the files... Why can I play them in Poweramp using a file explorer app?!

Playing a file directly simply passes to to PA as a path, and it will try to play it without it being in the library. The Library scanner needs to do more with the file to add it to the list. Are there perhaps some complex non-ASCII characters in either the filenames or the tags? Could you  perhaps upload a sample file so I can see if the same happens to me?

Andre

On 10/4/2018 at 9:36 AM, andrewilley said:

Playing a file directly simply passes to to PA as a path, and it will try to play it without it being in the library. The Library scanner needs to do more with the file to add it to the list. Are there perhaps some complex non-ASCII characters in either the filenames or the tags? Could you  perhaps upload a sample file so I can see if the same happens to me?

Andre

Hei.. one of the files is this one... thanks...... Also the file plays in the phone default player

01 - Heading Out To The Highway.mp3

This happens to me also. I tried every previous build of v3, but I had to go back to v2 for all my songs to load properly. V3 WILL play back any of them fine and show all tag information correctly when loading the files directly from my file manager.

We've asked Max to look into this issue in another thread, using the sample file that @eddie_the_man provided. If you've like to provide an example of your own in that thread, that might help too (i.e. a file which plays fine in PA when you launch it from a file explorer, but which the PA scanner does not add to the Library even when it is in a scanable folder)

Andre

Archived