Literal alphabetical sorting of tracks or albums

DaveDamnit

Is there a setting somewhere that I can force PA to sort in literal alphabetical order... that is, I don't want it to ignore "The" or "A" at the beginning of a title or album like itunes initially does.

ex: if a title begins with the words "The Heart of the Matter"  it sorts by "H" "heart", I want it to follow alphabetically in the "T's" "The Heart..."

Thank you Andrewilley, indeed, I'm running 2.1.10-build-588-play.  I don't see anything of this beta v797 in the play store where I acquired and purchased Poweramp... I'm sure once beta is complete, there will be an update available to my version.

Thanks again; this is promising, and your help appreciated... and rock and roll never forgets!
Dave

3 hours ago, DaveDamnit said:

I don't see anything of this beta v797 in the play store where I acquired and purchased Poweramp...

You need to either accept Beta version in the Play store, or download the latest APK file from the Download tab at the top of this page. Or as you say, once it is officially released everyone will get it.

Andre

• 2 months later...

Just killin' time this evening, thought I'd check back on this thread, eh, no additions so I just started going through some of the most current FAQ's just for bathroom reading (while not in the bathroom) and saw references to v3 being out on the Goog store... I seldom check for updates as I don't allow auto updates but did find v3 was now available... "whoop, thar it is!!"

Update to PA applied... and the feature I was hoping for was right where Andrewilley said it'd be... sorting MY WAY!  Now I find The Doobie Brothers right where I thought I'd left'em!!!

I'm sure all sorts-a-stuff was changed around under the hood, we'll never see... but it does look like the developer(s) whipped out the shoe polish before making public... yea, take a little learning the new interface, but it seems polished up quiet well.  There's so many "nooks and cranny's" to Poweramp, can't remember what I saw where, but I think I like something in the menus or library menus better.  I think my artwork shows up in more library topics or categories whatever their called.

Aw hell, who cares... slick enough interface, mostly features I want/like... no regrets spendin' money on this app at all, only thing I might change is I should'a purchased it long before I did (a few months ago now).

If you read this Andre... thanks for the help!

-Dave

Not sure. I would have expected song titles to be sorted without articles too, but the Settings screen only mentions Albums, Artists and Composers (i.e. at the category level, not the songs level).

@maxmp is this an omission, as song titles ought to get the same no-article treatment for sorting purposes if the user has selected that option.

Andre 

Archived