I want all artist track under one album (old style)

Kunal Mahajan

Do your files have correct Album Artist tags? Otherwise if the Artist name for each track is different, they won't be sorted as the same album. This was done to avoid (for example) several albums entitled "Greatest Hits" but by different artists from being grouped together. You could also try adjusting Settings > Library > Lists > Join Albums .

Andre

So Isnt it possible to group all songs of one album of different artist under one album as old Poweramp does? See screenshot they all belongs to one album but sorted differently as artist all I want is all these in one album. 

See second screenshot I have sorted by album name still showing albums by artist.. 

Screenshot_20180923-021745-picsay.png

Screenshot_20180923-135558-picsay.png

6 minutes ago, Kunal Mahajan said:

So Isnt it possible to group all songs of one album of different artist under one album as old Poweramp does?

Yes, you could use folder sorting to do this.

The functionality you mention from the old PA was much criticised for the way it used to work (otherwise,  albums with the same title such as "Greatest Hits" but by different artists would get grouped together under one huge "Greatest Hits" album). Use the Album Artist tag to control how various-artist albums are grouped.

Andre

On 9/23/2018 at 9:30 AM, andrewilley said:

. Use the Album Artist tag to control how various-artist albums are grouped

Just arrived here because of that exact problem, Now! Music album shows as 40 seperate 1 track albums which wasn't happening in v2. 

If you insist this is the best way, how about a quicker (group) method to edit/change all the album artists in an album to "Various Artists" as it's a right pain having to edit them 1 by 1.

On 9/25/2018 at 12:27 PM, Dave_ said:

Just arrived here because of that exact problem, Now! Music album shows as 40 seperate 1 track albums which wasn't happening in v2. 

If you insist this is the best way, how about a quicker (group) method to edit/change all the album artists in an album to "Various Artists" as it's a right pain having to edit them 1 by 1.

Use mp3tag on your pc. Exactly as you want.

1 hour ago, dvhttn said:

Use mp3tag on your pc. Exactly as you want.

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

Or TagScanner, both have powerful batch editing features.

Andre

The music is already on an android phone (in internal memory), I don’t have access to a personal computer to run programs on.

This problem has only appeared with the latest version of Poweramp, it didn’t happen in the old Poweramp.

21 hours ago, Dave_ said:

This problem has only appeared with the latest version of Poweramp, it didn’t happen in the old Poweramp.

v2 of Poweramp did not support the 'Album Artist' tag at all, which v3 now handles to allow better grouping of Various Artists style albums (this was after overwhelming user request). However this unfortunately may mean that poorly tagged files might not get sorted correctly now.

There are batch tag editing apps available for Android, but as it's so much easier to do on a proper computer I'm afraid I haven't tried any of them.

Andre

• 1 year later...

Came across this thread while searching for a solution. My library is properly tagged for various artist as that is the proper way to do it and has been for years on other players, but I still wasn't getting albums grouped.

Found the solution myself, enable "Album Artists" in "Library List Options" which is found in settings > Library > Lists

If you have no use for the straight artist list you can uncheck it there. 

Archived