RC797 Hi-Res Output not working with headphones

Artemis-kun

Not sure if this has been an issue previously, as I never had occasion to test it before, however noticed today when I tried using standard headphones with my USB DAC on my Pixel 2, Poweramp refuses to use the Hi-Res output and forces the normal profile with the wired headset/aux output. This is very odd to me because if I plug in a male-to-male 3.5mm cable to connect it to my car's audio system, or any other type of line input, it correctly selects the USB DAC under the Hi-Res profile with all the exact same hardware. Can anyone shed some light on this possibly strange bug? Many thanks.

Edit: Just did a bit more testing, and I suspect this might be an unintentional bug. I have a pair of original Beats Solo headphones that have a 3.5mm connector on them. If I connect the male-to-male cable to my USB DAC before plugging the other end into the headphones, PA switches to Hi-Res with the USB DAC and I can plug the headphones in and we're off to the races. However, if I first plug the cable into the headphones and THEN into the USB DAC, PA picks it up as headset/AUX under the standard output. Neat thing, but it allows me to test the difference, and with flac or 320kbit mp3, there is a MASSIVE difference between the audio for the standard and Hi-Res output, so I would kindly ask for this to be investigated as I would absolutely love to have that kind of high quality experience with my Sennheisers that sadly do not have a removable cable like my Beats.

Thank you very much!

Edit2: forgot my OS, on stock Pie with latest updates, build number is PPR2.180905.005

Archived