UI comparison with Stellio player

Chudovische

I'd like to pay your attention to Stellio Player UI (w jFrost theme) — see attach.

They optimally distribute space, as I think. The main screen contains artist, title and album in 3 separate lines that excludes shortenings. The cover art is free of any other elements. The progress waveform and btns are independent. The UI is clear and neat.

Poweramp's UI (as compared to Stellio) has some shortcomings. It looks some crudely. It's waveform is too thick, you can isolate it from buttons. The titles overlap the cover and has shortenings. And there are two bars with buttons — visualizer/timer/... and lib/sound/... It occupy a lot of space. Maybe one bar is enough, w some options in menu.

So I hope you'll find a good solutions to improve your UI.

2018-08-20 21-09-10.jpg

50 minutes ago, Chudovische said:

I'd like to pay your attention to Stellio Player UI (w jFrost theme) — see attach.

They optimally distribute space, as I think. The main screen contains artist, title and album in 3 separate lines that excludes shortenings. The cover art is free of any other elements. The progress waveform and btns are independent. The UI is clear and neat.

Poweramp's UI (as compared to Stellio) has some shortcomings. It looks some crudely. It's waveform is too thick, you can isolate it from buttons. The titles overlap the cover and has shortenings. And there are two bars with buttons — visualizer/timer/... and lib/sound/... It occupy a lot of space. Maybe one bar is enough, w some options in menu.

2018-08-20 21-09-10.jpg

But I like many people like the Poweramp interface and we bought the license for this app only, and the patterning of a similar program is not working properly. I prefer the likelihood and diskele system, and if the stars are not like the previous version, then Star rating system is from 0-5 for music. I think it's just a hassle for modeling. Both programs are registered in one country, and if there is a complaint, it may be bad, so I do not think it would be desirable to use the ideas of others. It's better to be a star or a likelist, and also, I think, the second priority is to semi-clear virtual buttons in such a way. I got a comment on the background video like the one in the virtual buttons, but I do not like to experience another program in the program I've bought. This new release looks great and with a few updates and a few add-ons. Problems with application problems are resolved

3 hours ago, Chudovische said:

Poweramp supports skins too, and for v3, the skin SDK will be published soon.

Skin authors will be able to move controls as they wish, though Poweramp UI is slightly more complicated for skin making due to all the transitions.

On 8/21/2018 at 3:26 PM, Chudovische said:

2018-08-20 21-09-10.jpg

I like the Stellio UI pretty well but not the album covers being that small.  I like the album covers to fit the screen all the way.  And i love how the text is and the waveform and buttons.  if we can get a skin that incorporates qualities from both players it would be nice.  i can't wait to see some skins for Poweramp!!!!  Then us perfectionists can have something close to what we want.  I wish i was good at stuff like that.  

On 8/22/2018 at 3:07 AM, maxmp said:

Poweramp supports skins too, and for v3, the skin SDK will be published soon.

Of course, I know about skins. I've just wanted to pay your attention to some unconditional problems in current UI (like shortenings) and possibly ways to solve it.

On 8/23/2018 at 3:16 PM, hypomaniac-eric said:

I like the Stellio UI pretty well but not the album covers being that small.  I like the album covers to fit the screen all the way.  And i love how the text is and the waveform and buttons.  if we can get a skin that incorporates qualities from both players it would be nice.  i can't wait to see some skins for Poweramp!!!!  Then us perfectionists can have something close to what we want.  I wish i was good at stuff like that.  

Completely agree. Like this ui better than regular v3, much cleaner and intuitive, with title/track off of album art. Want full-size art to cover space though too! Still keeping original ui gestures. 

Archived