Rollback to previous version while maintaining settings?

anonyemeooose

Following the recent trend of UI and functionality overhauls that remove features, add empty/white space, remove configurability, etc (see also: Win8/10, Firefox, Reddit, and many others), I'm just getting frustrated.

I'd like to know if anybody has a way to revert back to build 709, or even v2, while still retaining things like my custom EQ settings, playlists, skin settings, and basically all the tweaks I've spent a lot of time on that have just been pulled out from under me?

The new UI is a usability disaster. Even the smallest list option bloats my previously all visible on one screen playlists to a multiscroll disaster, not to mention removing customisations we had previously like button removal, configurable swipe gestures, etc. And having album art and headers take up all this space.. who thought this was a good idea?

Max created a wonderful application, and I understand all the hard work that's been put into this new version, but that's what makes it so disappointing. We're going backwards in functionality, and forwards in shitty UI/UX design trends that have been blighting all other websites, apps, etc.

I'm just pissing in the wind, because apparently I'm in the minority that "can't deal with change" or whatever garbage people use to invalidate my opinions and feelings on removal of functionality and implementing terrible design choices (again, see other examples above, *** you Mozilla).

If nobody has a way to retain my settings, then does anyone have a suggestion for another music player that isn't hot garbage?

Cheers,

I tried rolling back.

Uninstalling v793 and installing v709 result in loss of all data (settings, playlists, ratings, ...).

Creating a backup of v793, uninstalling it, installing v709 and applying the data of the v793 backup will result in Poweramp silently crashing.

I'll wait for fixes. If some of the UI concerns of mine won't be adressed, I'm thinking about rolling back to v709 regardless. Never had any issues with that version. I will try backing up playlists manually by creating empty m3u playlists, filling them up from the Poweramp ones and then import them in v709. Dunno if this will work. I'd rather not do that.

Yeah, I tried all of that exactly with Titanium as well.

Now that I'm looking at the daunting task of redoing all of my config options again I suppose I'm the dummy for not having a backup of my data for an app that's been updated like twice in many years, and only refinements rather than a major overhaul.

I would procrastinate longer but unfortunately the shuffle not working in playlists is a major dealbreaker for me as I use that pretty much every day.

Bah.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived