Seeking issues

superluig164

I have been experiencing a strange issue with seeking.  Sometimes, randomly, if I try to seek through a song, there is a long portion of the beginning of the song that, if seeked to, will just start the audio from the beginning, but Poweramp thinks I've seeked forward.  The song will play from that point until the seek bar reaches the end, at which point it will advance, even if the song isn't over yet.  This has been happening since the first update to v3 beta from the Play Store.  It's more easily visualized since the redesign, as the bars that represent sound levels are completely flat until the point where I would be able to seek through the song.  However, the problem still persists.

If my explanation sucks, please ask questions, I will answer them as best as I can.

13 hours ago, Naufal said:

Same with me . If i seek around below 20-60 second, it will start from beginning instead in middle . And if i do that , the seek bar is already end but the song still continue

Screenshot_20180810-140931_1.jpg

It's even visible in your screenshot as I said before - notice how the bars are completely flat.  If you seek past the "flat part", the song will seek normally, but then it ends early, correct?

On 8/11/2018 at 4:23 AM, superluig164 said:

It's even visible in your screenshot as I said before - notice how the bars are completely flat.  If you seek past the "flat part", the song will seek normally, but then it ends early, correct?

Yes. Only the bar end but the song still continue

• 4 weeks later...

I think you'll find it might be related to large cover images and/or incomplete ID3 tags, where PA does not know how to allow for the offset within the file for the cover art. If you find a track that this always happens with, try removing the embedded cover art with a tag editor and see if that resolves the problem.

Andre

I've had this issue going back to builds before the visualized bar, which really highlighted the issue.

In my case removing/replacing the art did not fix the issue, but in any case I would classify that as a "workaround" as I haven't seen any piece of software unable to seek through the beginning of the ~100 files in my library affected by this bug. Winamp, VLC, MPC, apparently know how to deal with this offset. Diagnostic software (http://mp3diags.sourceforge.net/) does not detect any problem with these files or their tags.

I can upload a number of affected files for investigation, but I don't have any that are copyright-free.

• 2 weeks later...

This is definitely caused by embedded images, and it seems to be related to the proportion of the image size vs the mpeg stream. Despite previous tests not correcting the issue, I've fixed files in my library (typically 8-10Mb without art)under v796-797 by replacing the embedded arts with ones under about ~1Mb.

To test, I created a series of images by exporting a large image in decreasing .jpg quality and embedded them in identical 2.1Mb MP3 files- on an MP3 this small I was surprised to see that even the 600Kb image caused the seek bar issue. Given the peaks in these screenshots it appears that the bar is not cropped, but actually compressed towards the back.

A note- the embedded art was very high resolution. I don't know if this factors into the rendering of the bar.

I have uploaded the test files (redistributable music courtesy of Bensound.com) to mega in case it helps.

Screenshot_20180919-024627_Poweramp.thumb.jpg.a1f4ea125e0539c4aee2fab9ddc13ae2.jpgScreenshot_20180919-024716_Poweramp.thumb.jpg.2d9ae11ceb245e003e4be0110fe70075.jpgScreenshot_20180919-024810_Poweramp.thumb.jpg.5c3f97e5b292399aa730926ae246dc87.jpgScreenshot_20180919-024840_Poweramp.thumb.jpg.3f1a46c4e3976b3ade530a99931b2837.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived