Volume keys while no music is playing

Spaceoid

First of all, hi to this great community! Insane that a music player app gets so much support and attention.
I experience a very weird problem: On my phone, Poweramp v709 is installed, alongside the 'standard' LineageOS music player.
While playing music with either of these players, I can skip or repeat titles via the volume control keys of my phone.
The problem now is that, ONLY in Poweramp (so i assume its an app-related issue) the music STARTS playing if I do not listen to any music and I by mistake do a long-press on the 'Volume up' key. So, for example, I sit in university, silence across the room, and all of the sudden, Poweramp starts playing music because the volume key got pressed through my trowsers. Is this intended or might there be a fix for this anytime in the future? It also happened to me once in cinema, which was especially emberassing. :D

Thank you all in advance!

On 6/1/2018 at 10:29 PM, Spaceoid said:

Poweramp starts playing music because the volume key got pressed through my trowsers. Is this intended or might there be a fix for this anytime in the future? It also happened to me once in cinema, which was especially emberassing. :D

Thanks for the report. None of the Poweramp versions have any code to do that (start playback on volume keys), thus it something with ROM + device + apps combination. What is exactly your device and Android/ROM version? CM/Lineage ROMs have builtin volume keys to media keys processing when screen is off, but this only works when something is already played and that only changes tracks - it doesn't pause/resume.

Yeah, it at least has to be related somewhat to Poweramp, as in the standard LOS music player and in Pulsar the music does not start after a long pressed volume key while no music is playing.

Apart from that the beta preview is the most awesome player I have ever seen - great work!!!

• 2 months later...

The problem still persists in the newest beta version from PlayStore. Is there a known workaround for it or do we have to wait until it gets fixed inside the app? As i did not completely understand the issue explained above, that might be a stupid question. I just wanted to ask, so do not bother too much about it, I guess you have lots of other, more important stuff to do atm.

• 2 weeks later...

Update on this matter: On new beta version from PlayStore (95 i guess) the volume keys won't skip titles at all, no matter having activated the option in settings or not. I'm on LOS 16 currently, pre-95 it did work on my current system, though. :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/4/2018 at 5:33 PM, andrewilley said:

It's not the volume keys per se, it's when the OS (or an app) creates MEDIA_NEXT (163) or MEDIA_PREVIOUS (165) key press events, and those are being interpreted as MEDIA_NEXT >  PLAY.

Andre

Sorry for spamming in this, probably already closed, thread. Just to understand it right, so that I probably can tell my ROM developer - where does this error EXACTLY occur, is it ROM-related (LOS 15/16) or is it app-related (Poweramp v3)? Thank you in advance!

On 6/4/2018 at 5:15 PM, maxmp said:

Thanks for the report. None of the Poweramp versions have any code to do that (start playback on volume keys), thus it something with ROM + device + apps combination. What is exactly your device and Android/ROM version? CM/Lineage ROMs have builtin volume keys to media keys processing when screen is off, but this only works when something is already played and that only changes tracks - it doesn't pause/resume.

Salu2,

En ALP-L09C432B152, lo que no funciona bien con la pantalla apagada o bloqueada es bajar volumen (- vol) esto pasa desde el control del dispositivo, como desde el control de los auriculares, en versiones beta de PA y también en esta última RC 797.

PD: esto ya lo he comentado en el foro, pero nadie dice nada, sin embargo en la versión 709 de PA corriendo en el mismo OS y hardware no sucede (PA trabaja bien)

in ALP-L09C432B152, what does not work well with the screen turned off or locked is volume Down (-vol) This goes from the control of the device, as from the control of the headphones, in beta versions of PA and also in this last RC 797.

PD: This I have commented on the forum, but nobody says anything, however in the version 709 of PA running on the same OS and hardware does not happen (PA works well)

Archived