Upgrade equalizer to parametic or increase bands?

Well there's barely anything else Poweramp can do to become an even better player it is now which is perfect. So why not please improve the equalizer?

I'm a big user of equalizer. As an audiophile I always tune my output's sound to my preferred sound signature or to remove sibilance as much as possible.

I could do so much more if Poweramp had more bands in their equalizer (like 20) or even changed it to a parametic equalizer (example electri q parametic equalizer) with unlimited equalizing potential.

Thanks!

Thanks for the request.

More bands are possible (for high-end devices), I will consider options for this.

As for parametric equ, it won't generally work for PowerAMP, as it's will be very easy to get over some calculated limits and get unexpected results. In fact, PowerAMP equ dsp is a parametric equalizer, but with fine tuned frequencies, q and other coefficients.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Max mentioned that a parametric equilizer is used internally but he's not too interested in developing user interface. If you're rooted and open Poweramp's SQLite database with SQLite Editor, for example, there's eq_presets table in folders.db. Entries looks like this:

31=0.39;62=0.213;125=0.086;250=-0.199;500=-0.15;1K=0.15;2K=0.24;4K=0.39;8K=0.39;16K=0.39;preamp=.71

Anyone brave to edit an entry to see if the preset would work after that? Potentially, one could develop an app to work with the database directly.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One way to really take this feature and go nuts with it would be to make the 10 and 20 band EQ be accessible also via a widget with an option to allow it's audio effects to work across all multimedia output, even pandora and spotify etc.

As far as I've seen there are no 10band EQs that can do this, let alone 20 band.

Archived