Read only sd card.

nkigor

I did everything exactly as you said. The file is not deleted.

This appeared after the software update.Have you tried android 7 with the files on the sd card?

With the files in the phone's memory, everything is fine.

Other applications (for example, music player) can delete these files.

Almost every release of Android Google seem to change the way write-permissions to SD Cards work. I've not heard that Nougat itself has completely broken PA's write-access, but that's not to say some manufacturer's implementations might not. Did you see the Grant Access screen at all when you tried to delete a song, and then select the ROOT level of the SD Card at that point?  

Andre

Then I'm afraid it's most likely related to your version of Android 7. Can you root the phone and just make the SD Card properly accessible to all apps, rather than locked-down Google-fashion? That's what I did with my KitKat phone when Google first introduced this madness.

Andre

11 minutes ago, TheoKlink said:

One more thing you could try. Uninstall Poweramp and reinstall. Uninstalling will remove the information recorded by android to allow sdcard access. Reinstalling and reapply permissions may work.

Good idea. Don't forget to backup any playlists, settings, etc before doing so though.

Andre

4 hours ago, andrewilley said:

As you saying you are trying to revoke PA's permission to access the SD Card? Why would you want to do that?

Andre

I thought that the recall and then the return of the permits would correct the situation.

It may not resolve your issue but I thought I try and provide some background.

Under the excuse of "increased security" and providing the user with more control, Google have introduced (from API19) something called Storage Access Framework (SAF) which developers now must use to be able to write to the external sdcard. Instead of opening a normal File object you now need to create a Document using a DocumentProvider. This provider uses what is known as the Picker, the bland User Interface that appears when permissions are required. To ensure all your files (now known as Documents) are writeable, you need to set permissions (the clicking of Select in the Picker) at the highest level relating to your music. It is probably easier to grant permissions for the whole sdcard so anything on it should become writeable. Each app needs to set its own permissions.

I find this Picker a little confusing as it may not necessarily present you with the sdcard. Always use the option menu, at the top right (3 dots) to show sdcard. Then select the sdcard on the from the left navigation drawer. Navigate to the top level and click Select.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived