Xsilver9

I own One plus 3T and 5T. I love the gesture function that allows you to change songs by drawing > or < on your screen. 

After updating to Oreo Android 8.0. it stopped working with Poweramp. Which is crazy. Since it works on Google music & VLC. Tried resetting defaults, setting defaults to Poweramp, reinstalled and clear cache. The symbols and gestures simply won't work for Poweramp.

It's quite important. Happened to BOTH my one plus 3 and 5. And both my friends One plus 5T (we love One plus and Poweramp) 

Any fix is appreciated.

Unfortunately Google have created a number of problems with Oreo, and they don't seem in any hurry to fix them.

The next update to Poweramp v3 (when it eventually arrives as beta) will have coding changes to improve compatibility with Android 8 (and later 9, etc) but it is unlikely that any of these will be made backwardly compatible with Poweramp 2 as that will be considered a Legacy product for users of Android 4.4 and below (who will not be able to run PA v3).

Andre

I own a OnePlus 3T and I'm experiencing the same issues. However, there's an additional problem. Poweramp doesn't appear to listen to my wired headset (when trying to play/pause or toggle tracks with the button) unless the app is in the foreground. This apparently happens in Android 8.0 and later. I discovered a temporary workaround (keyword: temporary):

1) Plug in a wired headset with a button control(s) and play a track inside Poweramp.

2) Press the button once to pause the track and again to resume it (you must be in the "Player" screen - do not do this while the screen is off).

3) Poweramp should now obey button input and screen-off gestures. NOTE: As I said, this is temporary. If you force close Poweramp, the phone drops the background service responsible for running the app, or you restart the device, then you'll need to repeat this process over.

I tested this theory repeatedly, so this should hopefully work for you.

On 2/8/2018 at 6:48 AM, andrewilley said:

Unfortunately Google have created a number of problems with Oreo, and they don't seem in any hurry to fix them.

The next update to Poweramp v3 (when it eventually arrives as beta) will have coding changes to improve compatibility with Android 8 (and later 9, etc) but it is unlikely that any of these will be made backwardly compatible with Poweramp 2 as that will be considered a Legacy product for users of Android 4.4 and below (who will not be able to run PA v3).

Andre

Hi maxmp,

really appreciate your work. Waiting for the Beta release. The oreo update has been really frustrating. The BT controls are broken. But works with Shuttle, Play Music etc. Please fix this 
Thanks

On 2/7/2018 at 8:41 PM, Xsilver9 said:

I own One plus 3T and 5T. I love the gesture function that allows you to change songs by drawing > or < on your screen.

After updating to Oreo Android 8.0. it stopped working with Poweramp. Which is crazy. Since it works on Google music & VLC. Tried resetting defaults, setting defaults to Poweramp, reinstalled and clear cache. The symbols and gestures simply won't work for Poweramp.

It's quite important. Happened to BOTH my one plus 3 and 5. And both my friends One plus 5T (we love One plus and Poweramp)

Any fix is appreciated.

Having the same issue with my Oneplus 3 unfortunately. :(

On 2/8/2018 at 2:18 AM, andrewilley said:

Andre

That is good to hear! Looking forward to that update. I am also having issues with bluetooth since Android 8. The song title is not displaying in my car and the music controls do not work, it sounds like these issues could be related. Can we expect a fix in the same version?

Archived